Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has instructed his government to look into the requirements for organizing the production of both game consoles and portable gaming consoles in Russia.

Making them in Russia, producing them in Russia, and even creating a special operating system and cloud system for delivering games and programs to gamers. President Putin's deadline for executing the order is June 15, 2024, which is only a few months away.

Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin oversees the completion of the task, with Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov saying that Putin's order to consider the creation of a domestically-produced console will help develop Russia's native gaming industry. The Organization for Developing the Video Game Industry (RVI) provided a five-year roadmap to the Russian government in February, laying out an 83-point program for developing games in Russia.

RVI said earlier this year that it had plans to re-establish relations with various funds and organizations in the international gaming community that work with Russia and create ways to help support the development of games in Russia. RVI has also said that a full-fledged, Russian-made console will be coming in 2026-2027.

I cant wait to play the Comrade.

I'd reserve judgement till I see what kind of games are available on it. It can't be much being separate from the collaborative global industry. But it will maybe develop it's own culture and identity.

I feel it may take longer for people to want to buy a Russian console which may not have as many good games for the console compared to PC Gaming and other consoles.

Last edited:
So I wonder if only Russians will develop games for this console and if it's only sold in Russia. I know exactly what they are going to call it. The Machine. I think the memes will be strong with this one.

I wonder if this Russian console can run third party apps and play emulators of other retro consoles like some Android, Linux and Windows based mini consoles and settop boxes.

WOW, I am curious how this is going to work out. I can't see how its going to be better than PlayStation or Xbox. And look at how horrible Xbox Sales are doing.

Back