Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Ubisoft has announced that Rayman Legends has been delayed and will no longer be a Wii U exclusive. Legends will now hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U in early September, more than six months later than its original release date of February 26th.

At the DICE summit in Vegas, IGN spoke with Xavier Poix, managing director of Ubisoft’s French studios (including Ubisoft Paris, Annecy and Rayman developer Montpellier) about the reasons behind both the delay and the move to multiple consoles.

“When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the people that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed,” Poix told IGN. “So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

more here

good news for us, bad news for Wii U.

Man, I feel so bad for the developers. The game was done and ready to ship and now it is delayed so they can release it for the other consoles. Don't get me wrong, it's cool so other people can play it, but the game was a few weeks out from launch and probably already printed so this is a terrible decision.

tumblr_lhlv5hRUqK1qf7ilr.gif

I also take back everything I said about the Wii U launch window because Rayman Legends was the only thing I was holding on to.

No, but I will buy the game for the platform with trophies, meaning the game will get priority on the PS3 and Vita over anything else.

No it's not, it makes me play things in games I normally wouldn't, especially hard difficulties. Gives me patience, persistence, and completion. :p

Back