Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I'm looking for a 2 TB HDD to put into my PS4 when I finally get it. I'm currently eying This and This HDD. But I'm not sure which is the best for my buck.

I was also looking into SSHD, which is a SSD and HDD hybrid but not sure if its all that it is cracked up to be.

What would you recommend or use?

Reports suggest that an SSD or a hybrid doesn't really speed anything up on PS4, I'd imagine it's the same with the pro.

Read this: How to cheaply upgrade your PS4 to 2TB which suggests using a external hard drive and taking it apart as the best option for upgrading your PS4 hard drive.

Thanks for the link, I thought about that as well but is cheap the best way? I don't want to pay and put in something subpar.

I'm looking for a 2 TB HDD to put into my PS4 when I finally get it. I'm currently eying This and This HDD. But I'm not sure which is the best for my buck.

I was also looking into SSHD, which is a SSD and HDD hybrid but not sure if its all that it is cracked up to be.

What would you recommend or use?

I read a few articles and blog comments on computer blogs which say Seagate hard drives are less reliable than other brands like Western Digital.

I think Hard drives with a SSD would not really speed things up a lot since you may still be relying mostly on the regular mechanical hard drive portion of the hard drive to load games since the SSD is smaller in size like 8GB than the regular hard drive which is 1-2TB.

I read a few articles and blog comments on computer blogs which say Seagate hard drives are less reliable than other brands like Western Digital.

I think Hard drives with a SSD would not really speed things up a lot since you may still be relying mostly on the regular mechanical hard drive portion of the hard drive to load games since the SSD is smaller in size like 8GB than the regular hard drive which is 1-2TB.

why is seagate less reliable?

why is seagate less reliable?

They have a higher annual failure rate according to articles I read like on PC World which writes "The worst of the bunch, meanwhile was the 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda Green (ST1500DL003), with an average lifespan of 0.8 years. Ouch!"

Hard drives can fail for many reasons like a fried circuit board, broken hard drive motor, and crashed hard drive read write head.

They have a higher annual failure rate according to articles I read like on PC World which writes "The worst of the bunch, meanwhile was the 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda Green (ST1500DL003), with an average lifespan of 0.8 years. Ouch!"

Hard drives can fail for many reasons like a fried circuit board, broken hard drive motor, and crashed hard drive read write head.

seems I'm stuck with seagate, Western Digital doesn't make HDDs that would fit inside of a PS4.

That seems to be one type of Seagate drive though, not the make as a whole?

I've heard good things about Seagate from Digital Foundry.

Back