removing comments text from youtube videos and other social media?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I dislike that Youtube tells its visitors which "comments where removed by the author".

Telling visitors which comments were remove is a bad idea since trolls will just post more negative comments when they see an author removes their comments or friends comments. The supporters of the video might also go to the negative commenters channel or video pages and seek revenge by posting negative comments back, but thry can't even read what the negative commenter wrote because the Author removed it.

A comment spammer can still get advertising for his channel since his username is still shown on the comments section eventhough his comment has been removed.

It also does not add anything to the disscusion of the video since telling the public "comment is removed by author" is not very important to the video. It just shows the public the commenter is probably a troll, or the vide's owner can't accept critism like "Your video is blurry, can you upload a better version?"

they add the "comments where removed by the author". in order to indicate that the post was there but no longer is there. by doing this the techs make sure there is no bug going around which makes people unable to post.

but they should just remove public posting, it's just a breeding ground for spammers and no life people. If people really want to comment just PM a person.

they add the "comments where removed by the author". in order to indicate that the post was there but no longer is there. by doing this the techs make sure there is no bug going around which makes people unable to post.

but they should just remove public posting, it's just a breeding ground for spammers and no life people. If people really want to comment just PM a person.

I agree, Youtube can just hide the "Comment removed by author" from the public.

Only the author of the comment, owner of the videos, and Youtube or website admins/mod should be able to see "msgremove by author msg" since it can make it harder for people who want to read informative comments when the author removed a ton of spam and troll comments.

Another solution, is to make the msgs which read "remove by authors" sink to the last page since most people don't care about them.

I agree, Youtube can just hide the "Comment removed by author" from the public.

Only the author of the comment, owner of the videos, and Youtube or website admins/mod should be able to see "msgremove by author msg" since it can make it harder for people who want to read informative comments when the author removed a ton of spam and troll comments.

Another solution, is to make the msgs which read "remove by authors" sink to the last page since most people don't care about them.

Well I think the message is to give that account a bad reference.

I suppose since Youtube is more about self-moderation. You can't even report a user for bad behavior, but blocking them also works, so they can't troll on videos by the author which block them.

Back