froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Amazon’s first attempt to design and sell a smartphone didn’t go very well. But according to a report from The Information’s Amir Efrati, Amazon isn’t giving up on the smartphone space.

Instead, the company is reportedly in talks with smartphone makers that might bundle Amazon features with their phones.

If the company manages to work out deals with smartphone makers, you might see features like Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant software and Firefly camera app for identifying real-world objects on upcoming Android phones. But the phones wouldn’t necessarily have the Amazon brand name. They’d be manufactured and sold by other companies.

Read More

I wonder if a smartphone bundled with Amazon Apps would have better privacy than a smartphone bundled with Google Android Apps like Google+, Google Play, and Google Maps.

It would just get annoying like most of the pre-installed apps are nowadays. I don't use half of them on my phone and they just take up space

It would just get annoying like most of the pre-installed apps are nowadays. I don't use half of them on my phone and they just take up space

I agree it gets annoying having too many bundled apps especially if I don't use most of the apps which come with the phone. Hopefully, the bundled Amazon apps are uninstallable without needing to root the smartphone, and the bundled apps don't use up too much space.

I think Smartphones which come with bundled Amazon Apps should just come with the Amazon App store, Web Browser, Dialer, Text message app and let users manually download and install apps from the Amazon App store instead of pre-installing all the Amazon Apps on a smartphone.

Don't matter to me, I'll just root the phone, flash a ROM and wipe it all away.

Don't matter to me, I'll just root the phone, flash a ROM and wipe it all away.

I think the original Amazon Fire Smartphone and Amazon tablets are popular with users who want to root them, Flash a ROM, and wipe the Fire OS off the device.

I think Smartphones sold with Amazon Apps will be popular with users who want to root it, and install a custom ROM if the phone is more affordable to buy, and come with better specs than other smartphones like the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S6, and Google Nexus 6.

Back