Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
During last week's Captivate conference in Rome, Capcom revealed that Resident Evil 6 will be headed to stores far earlier than we thought. While the game was previously announced with a release date of November 20th, Capcom has now confirmed that it will be released on October 2nd.

The news comes alongside a slew of new multiplayer details and new gameplay footage revealed at the event, plus news on the rest of Capcom's upcoming slate of releases.

In addition, we sat down with the game's producers, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, as well as director Eiichiro Sasaki to inquire about Resident Evil 6's potential place on Wii U, which is set to launch before the end of the year. Given the timing of its release and other high-profile titles recently announced for the system, does Resident Evil 6 have a place on Nintendo's new platform?

"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U," Kobayashi told us. "Right now we're concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game."

It's worth noting that Kobayashi specifically uses the words "at this time," which still leaves the possibility open for a Wii U announcement in the future. Since the system's unveiling at E3 2011, Nintendo has been keeping a lid on most of Wii U's launch details, though more info is expected to come at E3 2012.

source

I have seen most of the Resident Evil Movies but only played Resident Evil 4,5 and Umbrella Chronicles, later of which was not so good but provided a greater insight into the Resident Evil plot. But I am greatly curious as to were the story line will go in this installment.

I've read that RE6 will involve three separate story lines. One involving Leon Kennedy + a new character, Sherry Birkin (she was a little girl in RE2, who is now grown up) + a new character (Weskers son) and Chris Redfield + a new character. RE5 was alright once I actually sat down and played it but I still don't like the idea of co-op play. I'd rather play on my own without a partner of any kind (RL or AI). Eh, but I'll probably play it eventually - just might take a few years like it did with RE5 xD

I will most likely only buy this game for Leon's part alone which looks cool and more "survival horror" than the others.

I'm into the zombie blasting games, but I don't like Resident Evil how they stand in one place when they're shooting. I hope they fix this and allow them to move and shoot. In real life you don't stand in one spot and shoot. If you did you would get killed easily. A bloody title like Resident Evil is a little much for a Nintendo fan. I think they should've went with something more childish. I guess Nintendo is trying to show fans they can have a Mature title on their console.

Resident Evil didn't start out as a 'zombie blasting game' at all though, that's why it was like that and why they're changing it now that the game has shifted it's genre. I imagine they originally did that so you were forced to pick yours shots, aim, and conserve your ammo otherwise you'd be screwed. It's not like L4D where you can fully restock your ammo constantly and just blow away anything in your way =p And now RE has moved into introducing shops where you can buy weapons, upgrade them, get more ammo, etc. I remember in RE4 (even though it still had controls to the original) I hardly needed to pick my shots at all - especially after I got the infinite machine gun and rocket launcher xD

I don't particularly mind either way myself though, I think it could be fun - though I certainly do miss the classic feel of the old games :)

Does anyone know what kind of zombies this game will have? They seem more like the slow moving zombies in the original games, but there's some that seem to wield weapons/run too. I'm really hoping they bring both elements to the game =]

The fact that it comes out earlier means that used copies will be available faster. Which pleases me. I don't want to give Crapcom any of my money, after they've become so like EA.

Resident Evil didn't start out as a 'zombie blasting game' at all though, that's why it was like that and why they're changing it now that the game has shifted it's genre. I imagine they originally did that so you were forced to pick yours shots, aim, and conserve your ammo otherwise you'd be screwed. It's not like L4D where you can fully restock your ammo constantly and just blow away anything in your way =p And now RE has moved into introducing shops where you can buy weapons, upgrade them, get more ammo, etc. I remember in RE4 (even though it still had controls to the original) I hardly needed to pick my shots at all - especially after I got the infinite machine gun and rocket launcher xD

I don't particularly mind either way myself though, I think it could be fun - though I certainly do miss the classic feel of the old games :)

Does anyone know what kind of zombies this game will have? They seem more like the slow moving zombies in the original games, but there's some that seem to wield weapons/run too. I'm really hoping they bring both elements to the game =]

I completely agree with your post and what Resident Evil was and where it is today.

And to answer you question about the zombies, no they are not the traditional slow moving zombies.

They are able to run and use weapons.

They are basically the same enemies you encountered in RE4 and RE5 as far as attacks goes with the addition of trying to eat you.

Actually they did.

Check out some of the newer trailers on youtube.

start at 3:49

That's good now Chris can move around to kill those zombies. I saw in the trailer he can roll while aiming, that's so cool. I will pick this title up because I was hearing about the Co-op feature will be nice. I've played co-op in the last Resident Evil, and I wonder if they changed anything. Maybe they added new characters and mini games. It's a great game and now that they can move and shoot it's a success in my book.

I'm into the zombie blasting games, but I don't like Resident Evil how they stand in one place when they're shooting. I hope they fix this and allow them to move and shoot. In real life you don't stand in one spot and shoot. If you did you would get killed easily. A bloody title like Resident Evil is a little much for a Nintendo fan. I think they should've went with something more childish. I guess Nintendo is trying to show fans they can have a Mature title on their console.

The Wii had Resident Evil 4 on it as well as several zombie railshooters, the ultra-violent Mad World, and a seriously jacked-up edition of Silent Hill. Nintendo is perfectly capable of mature game titles they simply choose to go after the family/casual dollar which has proved to work well for them. Further they are a Japanese company and Japan is all about the cute.

The Wii had Resident Evil 4 on it as well as several zombie railshooters, the ultra-violent Mad World, and a seriously jacked-up edition of Silent Hill. Nintendo is perfectly capable of mature game titles they simply choose to go after the family/casual dollar which has proved to work well for them. Further they are a Japanese company and Japan is all about the cute.

Don't forget the fact that Japan has like 300+ titles we won't ever get. People think the Wii is crap, just see what amazing games are on the Wii in Japan. Its just NA who sucks.

Back