Resident Evil Revelations Tips and Tricks

SpoonySage

N3DS Community Ghost Gym Leader
Awards
Credits
UPDATES: If you would like a more step by step guide, then please check out my Let's Play Resident Evil Revelations video series on YouTube!

Boss Guide (spoilers will be hidden)

Boss 1: Scagdead- Weak Point(s)= Human head. Found in Episode 3. Two possible scans; when he is inside the room and you are on the ledge is the best time to get these scans in.
On Normal mode, this can be quite a challenge unless you take advantage of the ledge tactic. Even if you were to hit every explosive canister and follow up with a fuly charged melee attack, you will not kill him, and likely you will be held back by the endless stream of Ooze zombies. Instead, shoot out the lock from the ledge and immediately toss in a grenade to set off the explosive canister inside his storeroom. Then, use the rifle as he has to walk around to the door. Switch to the shotgun to take out Ooze and maybe get in a quick shot as he charges around the corner. Quickly jump over the window sill to the inside of the room and shotgun his head close up. He CAN still reach in and hit you for a bit of damage, but you avoid the OHKO grab. When he retreats for the doorway, jump back over and repeat the process. Mop up any remaining Ooze after the battle.

Boss 2:
Rachel 1- Weak Point(s)= head. Found in Episode 4. One possible scan (in any room); when she first appears and you have the long hallway is probably the best time. Otherwise, throw a grenade at her and if it connects well enough she will fall to the ground giving you the perfect chance.
In this boss battle, you have to inflict enough damage on Rachel to make her retreat in each room until the big showdown in the small cafeteria. Now, in Casual Mode, all this takes is a grenade and a few shotgun blasts to make her run. You can also run back to the cafeteria area to get Parker to help, but he really isn't worth it. Now, don't forget you can back up while firing! In the first room, retreat back to the long hallway and either rifle towards her head or use the machine gun, switching to shotgun for one shot before dodging and running away (this is a good time to practice your dodge command!). A few of these and she will cry out in pain and slither away (do not worry; under no circumstances will she attack while retreating, even if she has to get through you to reach her exit). In the other rooms, stick to just the shotgun as you are in close quarters. If you need to switch out due to lack of ammo or just need more herbs, don't forget to check in the gun box room and laundry for extra pick ups (Rachel will not appear in those rooms). In the cafeteria, Ooze will endlessly spawn until you kill Rachel. As they fight Parker, many Ooze will group up, so lob a grenade in there to hit Rachel and the minions. Use all the grenades you've got; I held back a bit and noticed I wasted most all my ammo after that battle.

Boss 3: Draghignazzo 1- Weak Point(s)= Eyeball, "palm" of hand. Found in Episode 6. Three or more possible scans (Just make sure you get the first) I am fairly certain that any leftover scans will be completed in the second half of this battle.
In the elevator, you will be attacked by something you barely see. Try to scan it when the battle first begins, as you need to inflict damage every time the hand is down or it will smack the elevator. When the hand comes down, shoot the softer-looking side close up with the shotgun. This will knock it back and you can continue firing. Reload when it pulls its hand back. When the eye comes out again, shoot it and just continue this pattern until it dies.

Boss 4: Draghignazzo 2 Weak Point(s)= human head (very weak), "palm," and small area around hip. Found in Episode 6. Around ten possible scans (all of which can be done AFTER you beat it).
Though I listed several "weak" points, those are simply the only vulnerable areas. It attacks mostly by charging, which is always preceeded by him pounding down with his shield hand. You can dodge this simply by running to the side as soon as you hear the noise, or use the dodge command. He will also strike the ground, which will knock you down if you are close by, even if it doesn't hit you. Shoot the canisters as he approaches him and then follow up with either rifle or shotgun rounds to his vulnerable spots (whatever is in your view. After those are done use grenades for a similar routine (in Casual Mode, that might just be enough to finish him). Otherwise, the easiest thing to do is run to the other side of the room, hit the head with the rifle (he makes his head very easy to see right before he charges too, but you will risk getting hit by attacking it then), then run to the side and continue this pattern. Scan the copse many times for herbs

Mini-Boss 1:
Rachel 2- Weak Point(s)= head. Found in Episode 7. One possible scan, even if you scanned her earlier in the game.
You can skip this if you like by taking the Promenade route to the Foredeck, but considering that you can pick up a shiny new magnum and all the ammo you can carry plus some right before this room, there is no reason not to; she will also drop illegal custom parts. She will appear in the Library (on either floor!) or the hallway connecting to the exhibit room depending on the route you chose. Use the shotgun at first to knock her back (she ALWAYS started right at the door) and also take out the Bone Shooters. Then you just have to switch to the magnum and shoot her in the head a few times to take her out.

Mini-Boss 2:
Rachel 3- Weak Point(s)= head. Found in Episode 7
OMG DIE! Only on Casual Mode do I recommend fighting Rachel (you will have an extra minute which really helps out). Since this part is timed, you probably want to run, but if you still want to fight, snipe the Bone Shooter as soon as the cut scene is over, run up to trigger Rachel, and step back to avoid the first attack. Unload your magnum and use any grenades you might have. If she is not dead at this point, run anyways. Look out for traps (you know what that means!) and shotgun anything in your way. At the end of the path a Scagdead will pop out and say hi. Next to it will be a rocket launcher, so switch to a weapon you want to leave and pick this up instead. Turn around and try to hit both Rachel and the Scagdead for major damage. Finish the job with whatever can deal the most damage for you. Both will drop illegal custom parts. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT HER, then still pick up the rocket launcher and save it for the final battle. It will make things much, MUCH easier.

Boss 5: Scarmiglione- Weak Point(s)- head, chest, knees (only vulnerable spots) [Not really a boss, but worth mentioning]. Found in Episode 8
I hope you're good at dodging! For the first part of the battle you will be stuck in a small decontamination room with it. DO NOT waste your magnum shots here. Just dodge it and shotgun. If you cannot dodge, then use a pulse grenade. It will move around its shield, so be prepared to switch between head shots and kneecapping. As soon as you can run, flee towards your partner and scan it a few times as the creature is slow when not charging. After a bit of damage, it will change into one of two vulnerable forms. One resembles a shark and will glide towards you on the ground, so be careful. The other has exploded leaving behind a central nervous system that will be electrified as its legs keep carrying it towards you. Either way, shotgun is best (the tentacle/nerves version can be hard to hit normally).

Boss 6: Malacoda- Weak Point(s) giant parasites. Found in Episode 11
Pick up the two herbs on either end of the platform and scan the hand print (I'll do a hand print guide later) as you prepare to fight. It will switch between launching parasites forward and hitting the ground or shooting out barbed bullet seeds which can be shot down. For this I used a shotgun with the charge shot ability, but most any gun will do as long as you switch to something to take out the barbs launched by the parasites (hence me liking the charged shotgun to do both). As you inflict enough damage, you will be provided with rocket launchers to finish off each of the four parasites. Again, make sure you equip your least favorite weapon before you pick up the rocket launcher as you will not get it back until after the fight. If you have enough time, try to pick up and save the last rocket launcher for the final battle. It is risky because of the time restraint, but worth it if you can pull this off.

Boss 7: Malacoda 2- Weak Points- giant parasites. Found in Episode 11
Shoot the parasites. Shoot the bullet seeds. This is really straight forward and I didn't even use the grenade launcher. Press B to cool down your gun if it starts to get close to overheating.

Final Boss:
Norman- Weak Points- head, heart, yellow growth on his back. Found in Episode 12
I hope you picked up everything in this room before this episode began. First, you will need the shotgun (put on your highest damage modifier and clip expansion; I also had the close proximity booster, which is fantastic for this as he will ALWAYS be super close to you) and either a machine gun with the four shot burst or a powerful handgun with a large clip and the two shot burst (I liked the second better because while I had to reload more often, it stood more of a chance to stop his attack should I forget to switch back to shotgun). Get rid of your third weapon for the beginning to make your switches faster. Pick up everything you can at the beginning as it gets harder to grab things as the battle progresses. His main attack involves teleporting shenanegans, but he can also grab Jill and perform a OHKO if you do not jab the Y button fast enough. Speaking of which, running away from his attacks will almost always end up with you falling down and having to mash Y to get back to your feet, so this is do or die; no more running.

He will start by teleporting right infront of you, so shoot him with the shotgun and then follow up with 2 bursts with the handgun or machine gun before switching back to the shotgun for his next teleport (this is how you will continue to fight him most of the battle). Then he will start to teleport directly behind you so quick turn to hit him with the shotgun. Next comes double team, but the real Norman will always be breathing purple smoke, so shoot for him. After a few more shots he will start to put the fake one in front of you as he teleports behind you. Around this time you may want to switch to the magnum or rocket launcher if you have one. The next stage will be him sending out ONLY the fake image and then him randomly appearing somewhere around you after it attacks. For this reason I like gyro controls and shotgun. Raise your gun and look quick before he knocks you down.

Finally, he will begin to teleport and charge at you with both real and fake forms. Dodge as best you can as not much can stop him when he starts. When he misses, he will be wide open to attack and after enough damage is dealt he will even fall down letting you run up to him for major damage. DO NOT try a melee attack. Instead, use the magnum at close range on the yellow growth on his back or spam whatever else can do major damage. The rocket launcher of course would have ended this fight so much faster (though I recommend saving it for late in the fight just to make sure you avoid the worst parts. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Raid Mode Legendary Weapons

There are 4 legendary weapons in Raid Mode which are given out randomly as rewards. HOWEVER, they can also be purchased from the store. The best way to get them is to keep reloading the store until one randomly pops up. Keep in mind though, they will cost you a hefty chunk of your BP. Also, you will always get one around your current level, so don't worry about getting all of them too early on as later ones will be so much more powerful.

The guns are:
High Roller- a golden machine gun
Muramasa- large black and gold rifle
Drake- dragon themed shotgun
Pale Rider- long barreled magnum

So far, I am only lacking the Muramasa (unless there is a legendary handgun I have yet to see spawn).

You will fulfill one mission for getting your first legendary weapon and one for getting all of them.

Nice little guide and i give a like for including spoiler tags
biggrin.gif

Thanks! I just beat Normal Mode and am going back to Casual for the No herb/rocket launcher play through. Also, I felt the official names of zombies/Ooze are weird enough that no one would have anything spoiled by them, but didn't want to give away anything plot-related.

Raid Mode Legendary Weapons:

There are 4 legendary weapons in Raid Mode which are given out randomly as rewards. HOWEVER, they can also be purchased from the store. The best way to get them is to keep reloading the store until one randomly pops up. Keep in mind though, they will cost you a hefty chunk of your BP. Also, you will always get one around your current level, so don't worry about getting all of them too early on as later ones will be so much more powerful.

The guns are:
High Roller- a golden machine gun
Muramasa- large black and gold rifle
Drake- dragon themed shotgun
Pale Rider- long barreled magnum

So far, I am only lacking the Muramasa (unless there is a legendary handgun I have yet to see spawn).

You will fulfill one mission for getting your first legendary weapon and one for getting all of them.
Nice little guide and i give a like for including spoiler tags
biggrin.gif
For the life of me i can not seem to ever see the Muramusa nor the Drake in the shop. I have only seen Highroller & Pale Rider.
I am also have difficulty looting Guns that are level 50 all i get are level 45-48 and that is on the final stage of Abyss mode...

Thanks! I just beat Normal Mode and am going back to Casual for the No herb/rocket launcher play through. Also, I felt the official names of zombies/Ooze are weird enough that no one would have anything spoiled by them, but didn't want to give away anything plot-related.
I made sure not to give anything away related to the plot in my review lol.
I wanted to do the same but getting the infinite rocket launcher is just for campaign correct?
Not sure if i would play single player again after i get the rocket.

Beating Campaign Mode and New Game+

Depending on what difficulty you play you will get several different bonuses, all of which ONLY apply to your Campaign Mode. New Game+ on all difficulties will allow you to keep unused ammo and all your weapons as well as custom parts from your previous play through.

Casual Mode- Unlocks New Game+, Custom Parts Charge Shot 3
Normal Mode- Unlocks New Game+, Hydra Shotgun, Custom Parts Charge Shot, Hell Mode
Hell Mode- Unlocks New Game+, Infinite Rocket Launcher (remember, only for Campaign)

Beating ANY difficulty mode without using Herbs or the Rocket Launchers will get you the Custom Parts Auto Loader.

Beating Raid Mode and Rank S

After playing through every stage of Raid Mode you will unlock extra difficulties as well. If you do not have all levels available to you, then finish playing the Campaign Mode first.
Beat all Chasm = Trench difficulty unlocked
Beat all Trench = Abyss difficulty unlocked

Getting Rank S on all levels within a difficulty will change the color of your name (the game refers to this as bestowing honors).
Rank S Chasm = Blue
Rank S Trench = Green
Rank S Abyss = Pink

I have the Pink color
biggrin.gif

I would think it would be cool if you posted the unlockable characters and their specialties.
For example Raymond you have to beat all stages on chasm difficulty and his specialties are 200% hand gun & Magnum reloading.

Raid Mode Characters

Characters unlocked in Campaign Mode
Chris 1- Clear episode 3
Jill 1- Clear episode 3
Parker 1- Clear episode 3
Keith 1- Clear episode 6

Characters unlocked in Raid Mode
Jill 2- Reach player level 5
Jessica 1- Reach player level 10
Parker 2- Reach player level 20
Chris 2- Reach player level 30
Jessica 3- Reach player level 40
Quint 2- Reach player level 50
Raymond 1- Clear Raid Mode on Chasm
Jessica 2- Clear Raid Mode on Trench
O'Brian 1- Clear Raid Mode on Abyss
Parker 3- Obtain 1 legendary weapon
Norman 1- Obtain all 4 legendary weapons
Morgan 1- Find the real exit on Stage 21 (guide coming soon!)

Characters unlocked via Street Pass (You can do normal missions too, but for the most part you will need to Street Pass people and complete the levels they say they will be in.)
Keith 3- Clear 50 missions
Quint 1- Clear 100 missions

Character Stats
Jill- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%
Chris- Shotgun Reload Speed 200%, Rifle Reload Speed 200%
Parker- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Shotgun Reload Speed 200%
Keith- Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%, Physical Attack Damage +50%, Knife Damage + 100%
Jessica- Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%, Rifle Reload Speed 200%
Quint- Shotgun Reload Speed 200%, Grenade Blast Range +50%
Raymond- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Magnum Reload Speed 200%
Norman- Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%, Grenade Blast Range +50%
Morgan- Rifle Reload Speed 200%, Magnum Reload Speed 200%
O'Brian- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Grenade Blast Range +50%

Raid Mode Characters

Characters unlocked in Campaign Mode
Chris 1- Clear episode 3
Jill 1- Clear episode 3
Parker 1- Clear episode 3
Keith 1- Clear episode 6

Characters unlocked in Raid Mode
Jill 2- Reach player level 5
Jessica 1- Reach player level 10
Parker 2- Reach player level 20
Chris 2- Reach player level 30
Jessica 3- Reach player level 40
Quint 2- Reach player level 50
Raymond 1- Clear Raid Mode on Chasm
Jessica 2- Clear Raid Mode on Trench
O'Brian 1- Clear Raid Mode on Abyss
Parker 3- Obtain 1 legendary weapon
Norman 1- Obtain all 4 legendary weapons
Morgan 1- Find the real exit on Stage 21 (guide coming soon!)

Characters unlocked via Street Pass (You can do normal missions too, but for the most part you will need to Street Pass people and complete the levels they say they will be in.)
Keith 3- Clear 50 missions
Quint 1- Clear 100 missions

Character Stats
Jill- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%
Chris- Shotgun Reload Speed 200%, Rifle Reload Speed 200%
Parker- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Shotgun Reload Speed 200%
Keith- Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%, Physical Attack Damage +50%, Knife Damage + 100%
Jessica- Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%, Rifle Reload Speed 200%
Quint- Shotgun Reload Speed 200%, Grenade Blast Range +50%
Raymond- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Magnum Reload Speed 200%
Norman- Machine Gun Reload Speed 200%, Grenade Blast Range +50%
Morgan- Rifle Reload Speed 200%, Magnum Reload Speed 200%
O'Brian- Handgun Reload Speed 200%, Grenade Blast Range +50%
Awesome good job
biggrin.gif

Hey i have a question.
Any idea which stages on raid mode give you the most weapon cases?
I know the last one only gives you two.
unsure.gif

Yes please test it out, That would be most helpful.
I wouldn't mind doing the bonus stage, But no one ever joins or knows where the final exit is... It is very frustrating.
I tried to solo it only to die when i was so close
Mellow.png

Yes please test it out, That would be most helpful.
I wouldn't mind doing the bonus stage, But no one ever joins or knows where the final exit is... It is very frustrating.
I tried to solo it only to die when i was so close
Mellow.png

The final exit is the Foredeck. You have to fight a swarm of hostiles there, including multiple copies of bosses and even the final boss, but the area is surrounded by ammo and like I said, I think you get 4 guns right there.

BIG Update! For the past 2-3 weeks, I have been uploading chapters of Let's Play Resident Evil Revelations on YouTube. In my LP, I am showing all handprint locations and discussing strategy as well as info gained through director interviews and other Resident Evil/Dante's Inferno lore. Check it out if you need any additional help!

I will try to load new videos twice a week until I beat the game. This is a Normal Mode run through with additional weapon modifiers, but using only the weapons you can have at that point in the game.

I had just gotten the Marumasa when my battery died.
waluigi.gif

Back