Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Do you have a working console that would take a NES or SNES cartridge? Well in celebration of the upcoming 30th anniversary of the Mega Man franchise, Capcom and iam8bit are releasing the two above cartridges on the two best Megaman games known to fans.

These brand new, limited edition reproductions are now available for pre-order on iam8bit.com for $100 each. Units are expected to ship late September 2018 and will be randomly shipped, meaning you don't know which one of these two you will get.

Would you get these?

Hopefully, the ROMs are easy to backup to a PC since not many people own a NES.

it be a huge scandal if it there was :p
Indeed if that's the case then it's a 2018's video game industry Mega Scandal, as we are talking not just any man, but The Mega Man with capital M. lol
THTqQA7.jpg

it's easy though to buy a console that does take NES cartridges. There are those classic consoles that are made to take several different types of old game carts to display on your tv.

Are there any USB cartridge readers which let you play cartridges on a PC with an emulator program?

I think using a Raspberry Pi mini PC to play cartridges can be an affordable way to play cartridges.

Are there any USB cartridge readers which let you play cartridges on a PC with an emulator program?

I think using a Raspberry Pi mini PC to play cartridges can be an affordable way to play cartridges.

I'm sure there is? After all how did they extract the game from the old cartridges to make the ROM in the first place?

I'm sure there is? After all how did they extract the game from the old cartridges to make the ROM in the first place?

It maybe possible to make a home made cartridge reader from NES console parts bought from eBay, and other websites which sell new and used console parts, and electronics.

I'm pretty sure ROM making was done way before Ebay became a thing.

I think online retro video game forums made learning about ROM backups easier since sometimes finding people in your town which know how to backup ROMs from a cartridge is hard.

eBay was one of the earliest popular auction/shopping sites which is more trustworthy. Amazon used to mostly sell books many years ago, so I think eBay was one of the few websites which made it easier to buy the equipment you need to backup ROMs.

Back