Retro?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Do you ever go retro and go back to play some games on some of the older consoles? If so, what games/consoles do you play?

Once in a great while I'll pull up a emulator and shoot through a few stages of Megaman X, play some Perfect Dark or any other awesome classic.

I have a Wii U, a Wii and a GameCube all still hooked up to a tv somewhere in my house. Yes, I play them all. But the GameCube is about as retro as I'm getting now since it's the oldest console that's hooked up and playable right now.

I have a Wii U, a Wii and a GameCube all still hooked up to a tv somewhere in my house. Yes, I play them all. But the GameCube is about as retro as I'm getting now since it's the oldest console that's hooked up and playable right now.

You're making me feel old when you say gamecube is now retro :squint:

Well, most of the major retailers don't sell GameCube games anymore. They usually will just sell the games for Wii and Wii U (when the NX comes out, they'll probably stop selling the games for the Wii and just sell games for the Wii U in addition to what they come out for NX). You usually have to go to some kind of gaming store like Game Stop, where they'll go back and sell games and accessories for all of the consoles regardless of how old or new it is. They'll even do some trading as well, especially if you have something that is in high demand.

Well, most of the major retailers don't sell GameCube games anymore. They usually will just sell the games for Wii and Wii U (when the NX comes out, they'll probably stop selling the games for the Wii and just sell games for the Wii U in addition to what they come out for NX). You usually have to go to some kind of gaming store like Game Stop, where they'll go back and sell games and accessories for all of the consoles regardless of how old or new it is. They'll even do some trading as well, especially if you have something that is in high demand.

I like to know what retailers do with unused games.

I haven't thought of that but that is a good question. Maybe they send them back to the manufacturer, I don't know.

I have a USB super nintendo controller that I use to play ROMS with. I have the systems but they are packed away it is just easier to play games this way. I find it hard to play middle ground games. Like from 2000 till 2004. I don't know why.

I have a Mini Famicom and Mini Super Famicom, though not sure if those count.
I also have a GBA SP, DS, DSi, and a bunch of 3DS, New 3DS, New 3DS LL, 2DS, and 2DS LL handhelds.
I used to have an N64, GC, and Wii, but I dumped all its games into ROM formats, and continue playing them on an emulator nowadays.

Back