RIP Etika (Nintendo YouTuber)

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Not sure if anyone here used to watch his videos on things like Nintendo Directs and E3 presentations, but it seems he's been found dead after going missing for five days:

Seems he was having a few troubles with mental illness, and had discussed the topic of suicide in one of the last videos beforehand.

So yeah, RIP Etika. Sorry you couldn't get the help you needed at this time, and I hope you're in a better place now.

I opened my FB account and a bunch of posts were in my feed about Etika. I'll be honest that I actually didn't know him at first but after reading this article... it made me sad like I've been following him for years. May his soul rest in peace! you will always be remembered

Wasn't aware of him before but it's always sad to see something like this especially when they have been suffering for a while. I know that his YouTube was banned recently, was this linked to that as well or was it something that was happening for longer?

Wasn't aware of him before but it's always sad to see something like this especially when they have been suffering for a while. I know that his YouTube was banned recently, was this linked to that as well or was it something that was happening for longer?

sounds like a long time mental illness.

RIP to Etika. I hope he is in a better place.

Last edited:
One of the people Sakurai remembered from his reaction to Mewtwo in Smash 4. I watched some of his stuff. I guess I don't know if I can blame the internet or mental illness but for sure this shouldn't happen again. Even the best of us can be living other lives.

Back