Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Anyone here use Roku? I hear its a popular streaming service though I'm not sure how its used.

It's pretty cool! I use it as part of my desk TV, my little under 21" HDTV for my desk. I can watch YouTube on there, with my phone being the remote, I can watch live TV through my cable provider's app, obviously Netflix and Hulu, and there are a couple of other smaller content creators that I watch through there. It's pretty cool to be able to have that setup with dual monitoring my MacBook.

Yeah, we have a Roku hooked up to our living room TV and its nice of streaming. Since I have an Xbox in my room I just use that. If you have a smart TV which lets you stream directly from that then its not worth investing in a Roku which does the same thing so I wonder how it will last once more people start switching over to Smart TVs.

Yeah, we have a Roku hooked up to our living room TV and its nice of streaming. Since I have an Xbox in my room I just use that. If you have a smart TV which lets you stream directly from that then its not worth investing in a Roku which does the same thing so I wonder how it will last once more people start switching over to Smart TVs.

I have a smart tv, I'll have to look into the features more.

The cool thing with the Roku is the established ecosystem. It's the same reason why I'd go with that or an Apple TV over a Smart TV, despite the fact that both have games and apps. People are developing for those platforms, while a Smart TV feels like an add-on specifically to charge more, at least in my experience.

Roku does look like a nice device for people looking for an affordable streaming settop box.

But, the Nvidia Shield TV console settop box which runs Android TV looks like a good choice as well because the Nvidia Shield TV can play mobile games with a controller, and also stream PC games to it, and use the controller to play games.

I think Android TV has a lot of streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and other streaming apps available for it.

One of my relatives use the Roku device and even after plenty of explanation, I still don't get how it works. I hear it can be pretty complex as far as the settings go. But it seems like the hot item to get for those who have a flat screen TV and need some channel surfing in their lives. As far as I go I prefer to stay away from the modern day Television programming. It just doesn't cut it anymore in my eyes but to each its own and I do hope you were able to figure this out by now.

Back