Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
When will North American Wii owners finally have a sleek black console that matches their black Wii Remote, Nunchuk and Classic Controller? Maybe as early as May, according to multiple retail sources.

Tipsters from Target, GameStop and Future Shop—as well as one shopper at FYE, where the black Wii bundle is apparently available for pre-order—tell Kotaku that a new Wii bundle is bound for the United States and Canada in May, one that will include a black-colored Wii console, first released in Japan in the summer of 2009. The new Wii bundle appears to include copy of Wii Sports Resort and a Wii MotionPlus add-on in the package. The new bundle is listed at $199.99 USD.

That new Wii package is scheduled for release in the U.S. on May 9 and in Canada on May 23, according to those retail sources.

When contacted for comment and clarification, Nintendo of America did not offer one, only reminding us that Nintendo does not comment on rumors and speculation. We'd totally forgotten about that policy, so that was really helpful.

source

looks like I might be getting a Wii soon.

Same here.. almost all of my consoles are black for the exception of my Dreamcast, and my GC. My original GC was black, but when my baby brother accidentally broke it in 2004, my younger brother gave me his old [purple] GC since he has a Wii.

However, I will be getting a black Wii, but it will probably be after I get a black 360 for the living room.

Back