Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A new report is suggesting that Sony will ditch the DualShock controller for the PS4 and instead create a new one possibly containing a LCD touch screen or even biometrics.

An unnamed source spoke to CVG and claimed that many of the controllers currently being tested by Sony's R&D department mark a rapid departure from the loyal DualShock, which has served PlayStation consoles for 16 years.

These versions apparently include new additions ranging from an integrated LCD touch screen to biometric sensors on the grips. A second source explained that Sony was supposedly trying to emulate the UI philosophies behind the Vita, and this is what inspired the whole touch screen thing.

source

for the love of god, do not get rid of the controller sony!

for the love of god, do not get rid of the controller sony!

Agreed! It it ain't broke don't try to fix it! When they brought out the Sixaxis they still ended up having the DS3 as an option. Why not continue that trend, have their new-fangled lcd controllers but also have DS4s as an option?

Yeah, the dual shock controller was awesome, Sony shouldn't feel pressured to redesign it just because a new console's coming out.

360 controller is far better in my opinion. They should make a controller more fitting for the hands.

360 controller is far better in my opinion. They should make a controller more fitting for the hands.

Remember the original Xbox controllers? Haha those things were atrocious, they were made for people with hand-related birth defects. 360 controllers were a crazy step up, I agree they do sit very nicely in the hands.

I hope Sony doesn't get rid of the DualShock. It is a tried and true controller that is pretty comfortable, quite responsive and it just overall works. (I personally like the feel of it over the 360 controller.)

Adding touchscreens and biometrics might sound like a good idea, but they're just gimmicks to try to push console sales.
You know what sells consoles though better than gimmicks? Great games. So I really think they should focus on that instead. Make their hardware easy to program for, with all kinds of power for those games to really make use of for stunning visuals, fast and frantic action with all kinds of enemies or crazy effects to really tell great stories and immerse the player in. Making and selling great games will bring more money than having a gimmick.

Remember the original Xbox controllers? Haha those things were atrocious, they were made for people with hand-related birth defects. 360 controllers were a crazy step up, I agree they do sit very nicely in the hands.
Yeah, the original controllers were awful.

Back