LEGEND67

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Canadian news site Lapresse has published a list of Stadia details, including a November 14 release date, a $169 (presumably Canadian Dollars) Founders Edition and some of the games it will feature at launch.
The Founders Edition will apparently come with a gamepad, a Chromecast Ultra, Destiny 2 and a three month subscription to the service. The Chromecast is going to be necessary, as that's the only way you'll be able to use Stadia at launch, though it will work through any Google device next year.
There will be two subscription services, starting with Stadia Pro, which will let players enjoy 4K at 60 fps, but not all the games will be available with that subscription. Some games will have to be purchased. In 2020, Stadia Basic will offer a cheaper 1080p package, but that won't include any of the games you get at no extra cost with Stadia Pro.
As for the games, Stadia will launch with a 31-strong catalogue, according to the report, from publishers like Ubisoft, Square Enix and Activition. Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which Google used to test its streaming prototype, will be included, along with The Division 2, Doom and all three of the Tomb Raiders.
The minimum requirements are 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbp upload, while 35 Mbps is recommended for playing games in 4K.
It may be that Lapresse has jumped the gun on publishing the details, but we'll find out how accurate they are soon enough. Google's Stadia event will begin at 5 pm BST/9 am PT today.
Attach files

Stadia pricing look like a good deal for people who plan on subscribing to Stadia. Hopefully, more games are added to Stadia.

It will be interesting to see what games they will have. At the moment, from the little list they gave, I would not be interested at all

Reactions: cm2
It will be interesting to see what games they will have. At the moment, from the little list they gave, I would not be interested at all

Indeed. As I mentioned before, Stadia needs some good exclusive games.

Reactions: Ash
It has one exclusive game so far. But I really can't see it getting many exclusives or really taking off. Game streaming has been tried before and it hasn't really done anything because it is very costly to set up and maintain. There is also a lot of potential problems (lag, input delays, network issues) which all really detract from the experience. Plus, of course, the obvious issue of lack of ownership and how they can essentially kill the service you paid for at any time and leave you with nothing. Sony has been running PS Now for a few years and it's not overly popular. (Almost feels in a way they're cannibalizing themselves. Like they sell game consoles but then turn around and try selling a streaming service which kinda competes against their consoles.)

I'll also admit that I hope it fails catastrophically. Game streaming is a pretty bad idea. No one who values games should partake in it.

I don't think they are cannibalizing themselves really. It's just another method of gaming for those that are interested. Some people don't want to own the game and just want to try out anything so it's a good service for them.

I think Google Stadia would be used by people who just want to rent the game for a few days, and not want to buy it on Steam, or they want to rent the game for a few days to see if it is any good before buying it on Steam and other stores.

Google Stadia could make Facebook games, Flash games, and traditional web browser games less popular. Fewer people may want to play traditional 2D flash games, and lower video quality 3D browser games like Runescape when they can play streaming games from big name publishers like Ubisoft, Rockstar, and SquareEnix in Google Chrome or the Google Stadia game streaming game.

Back