froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The Samsung EVO Plus 256GB microSD card has read and write speeds of 95MB/s and 90MB/s respectively, and can store up to 55,200 photos, 12 hours of 4K video, 33 hours of full HD video, or 23,500 songs. Samsung says the card will come with a 10-year limited warranty and will be available in over 50 countries beginning in June for $249.99.

Read More

This looks like a good MicroSD card for using for recording live video in 4K, and using on mini computers like the Raspberry Pi where you can install a lot of Linux programs on it.

Only a 256gb? Rather spend the money on a phone. Very expensive for something that can break and get lost in the dust Strom

Only a 256gb? Rather spend the money on a phone. Very expensive for something that can break and get lost in the dust Strom

I agree $250 for 256GB is very expensive for a MicroSD card which is easy to break, or lose.

But, at least, MicroSD cards can be re-used on many devices like digital cameras, smartphones, tablets, and computers.

Users can keep using them for many years until they break or get lost. Users also get replacements for defective cards for at least 10 years because this card comes with a limited 10 year warranty.

Nice, but way too costly for my tastes. Not to mention its hard to say how durable the SD card is.

$250 is allot of food to speed.

The microSD is wasting money , like spending $250 on one night at a naked noob club

$250 is allot of food to speed.

The microSD is wasting money , like spending $250 on one night at a naked noob club

I think most people who buy these 256GB MicroSD cards will be workers who record a lot of high quality video as part of their job like the police who can use 256GB MicroSD card for recording high quality audio, and video with their camera on their police car's dashboard, and their wearable camera which they wear as part of their uniform to record evidence to use for court cases.

There probably would not be many regular buyers who buy this MicroSD card to install on their smartphone to store many games, music and movie files on it.

I think most people who buy these 256GB MicroSD cards will be workers who record a lot of high quality video as part of their job like the police who can use 256GB MicroSD card for recording high quality audio, and video with their camera on their police car's dashboard, and their wearable camera which they wear as part of their uniform to record evidence to use for court cases.

There probably would not be many regular buyers who buy this MicroSD card to install on their smartphone to store many games, music and movie files on it.

I talked to a multimedia guy at my last class last week, he says for all his video needs he has like a 1 TB of ram and many TBs of storage.

I talked to a multimedia guy at my last class last week, he says for all his video needs he has like a 1 TB of ram and many TBs of storage.
I have 500GB of movie/TV and another 300GB of my 120 or more youtube videos and then my songs of thousands. 256GB is nothing

depends what you do, but if you're a full multimedia person, then 256GB is nothing.

I think these cards will be good enough for recording continuous video from a camera on a smartphone, or digital camcorder where video is sometimes recorded in one recording like Live News without any pauses for many hours or longer.

But, these cards are not very good for storing all your files on your PC.

I think these cards will be good enough for recording continuous video from a camera on a smartphone, or digital camcorder where video is sometimes recorded in one recording like Live News without any pauses for many hours or longer.

But, these cards are not very good for storing all your files on your PC.
The cards will be great for dash-cam for your car to record crazy drivers

The cards will be great for dash-cam for your car to record crazy drivers

Yes, It would be great for a dash cam on a car or a helmet cam for people who ride a bike or motorcycle, and turn the video over to the police, so they can capture crazy drivers by reading the license plate number and possibly seeing the crazy drivers face by viewing a 1080P and 4K video from a high quality recording on a Dash Cam.

The dash cam footage can also record and identify witnesses who can be used in court to prove the driver is guilty if the crazy driver has to go to court.

These SD cards will also be good for hidden cameras for recording people committing crimes in public like driving dangerously, car theft, and abusing animals and young kids who are too young to talk.

Back