froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to Creative Strategies researcher Ben Bajarin, Samsung could be out of the phone business in five years.

The analyst says that there are two phenomena currently happening in the mobile business. On one hand there’s Apple, which is growing smartphone share in many regions where people said the iPhone peaked, raising average selling prices (ASPs) and convincing more Android users to switch.

On the other hand, there’s Samsung, who’s “suffering from nearly every symptom found in the You Are Being Disrupted handbook.” Bajarin says Samsung is suffering from “The Innovator’s Dilemma,” and that there’s nothing it can do to fix the downturn in its premium handsets business.

Source:

I think Samsung not making phones can be possible since Blackberry, Nokia, and Sony used to sell a lot of phones, and now Blackberry, Nokia, and Sony are not getting as many buyers, and are not as profitable as the past because of poor decisions they made, and cheaper alternative brands like LG, and Motorola.

Fewer people are buying new smartphones because their old smartphones like iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are still pretty good if they did not buy the cheapest and slowest new smartphone in the past, and bought something which was made to last.

Plus, there are now a lot of more affordable smartphones from companies like Blu, Motorola, Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo, One Plus, Micromax, and LG which are building phones which are as good, or better than similarly priced Samsung phones. Soon, people also have the options of building their own phones from parts like computers.

There is also a possibility that the Smartphone will be replaced by a better communication device in the future which does not require people to pay expensive monthly cell bills just to talk on their smartphone, send text messages, and browse the web at slower speeds than wired internet connections.

Last edited:
Seems a bit premature. I mean, I'd have expected Microsoft to drop out of this market first, Windows Phone has just failed miserably in general. But Samsung's Galaxy phones are... somewhat popular, at least for Android devices.

I agree with you that I thought Microsoft would stop making phones with the Windows Phone operating system because Windows Phone don't seem to have a lot of users, and app makers who make apps for people to use anymore.

Samsung also removed Replaceable batteries which are removable, so more people will look for other phone brands which have removable batteries and SD cards.

that too, which to heavy users a battery does wear down.

Some Heavy users also carry extra fully charge phone batteries with them, so they can replace the battery with a fully charge one by taking off the back, and taking out the empty battery, and putting in a fully charge battery from the battery holder inside the phone.

Sometimes, when your phone is having problems, removing a battery for a few seconds from the phone, and putting it in fixes problems like phone can't turn on, and random freezes and reboots.

I read on a blog that Samung's newer phones like the Galaxy S6 is hard to repair, so more advance users who want to replace a broken Micro-usb port, camera, screen, circuit board, and battery will have a harder time replacing broken parts than other phones, so people who fix their own phones will buy a phone which is easier to repair.

How much do you use a phone to have to change batteries? Like seriously, I use my phone all day long and it still has a bit left in it. I just don't think this article is true, I think Samsung will last a long time, more likely Windows Phone will go out in 5 years

How much do you use a phone to have to change batteries? Like seriously, I use my phone all day long and it still has a bit left in it. I just don't think this article is true, I think Samsung will last a long time, more likely Windows Phone will go out in 5 years

Some games like EA Need for Speed Most Wanted for Android, and apps like YouTube and Netflix can use a lot of battery power. If you plan on playing a game for hours or watching a longer 1080P or higher resolution movie on your phone at full brightness for your screen, your phone's battery will become empty faster.

The latest Samsung phones are very thin, so their batteries are not as big, so more heavy users will pick alternatives smartphones with larger batteries because they can use their phones longer without the need to charge them.

Blackberry, Motorola, Nokia, LG, HTC, and Sony were popular in 2008, and now Nokia is gone because it got sold to Microsoft, and Microsoft discontinued the phone brand. Motorola got sold to Google. Google sold Motorola to Lenovo because Motorola was not very profitable. Blackberry, Motorola, Sony, LG, and HTC are all struggling at making money selling enough smartphones where making smartphones are profitable for them. There is a chance that Samsung will end up like once popular smartphones companies like Nokia and Motorola which were popular in the past, but now gone, or sold to someone else.

Overtime though a battery wears out and doesn't a hold a charge like it first does which would prompt someone to change it. Also if you're on a very long trip and someone uses a lot of battery straining apps, you will need some kind of recharge source.

I have a samsung galaxy A5 and it is really slow. Like I have tried everything I can but so far nothing is working.
I have tried various cleaners too. Anyway, the set didn't even recognize the SIM card and I had a hard time in fixing that.
May be..just may be..this might be true.

Overtime though a battery wears out and doesn't a hold a charge like it first does which would prompt someone to change it. Also if you're on a very long trip and someone uses a lot of battery straining apps, you will need some kind of recharge source.

Cell Phone owners are sometimes unlucky enough to get a defective battery causing the battery overheat, leaks acid, or inflate where it pops out of the battery holder. Having a replaceable battery is useful when your battery is defective, and you want to quickly buy a new one instead of sending it back to the phone maker for repairs which can take many weeks to months.

I hope this doesn't happen. I'm not a big fan of Apple (no offense to anyone) and I don't want to have Apple as my only option for a smartphone. I happen to use a phone from Samsung right now and I've never had any problems from them whatsoever. I always prefer Android over Apple.

Ehh, someone will fill in the gap. I dont think Samsung's the best choice, having lived with the S4 for the past few years haha.

Back