froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Though Samsung  said it had“ceased all marketing activities that involve the posting of anonymous comments,” the FTC – after finding Samsung indeed hired a “large number of hired writers and designated employees” to trash-talk competition in web comments – has now decided to slap the Galaxy maker with a $340,000 fine…

Source

Wow, $340,000 is one big fine for posting fake negative web comments.

I am actually disappointed in them for doing this. It is such a bad move on their part. Their products are great and they speak for themselves.

I know plenty of people who have switched to Galaxy devices from other Android devices and even iDevices themselves. I don't know why they thought that this was a good idea.

Its really stupid to do but it seems to be a common practice nowadays to pay for positive reviews on your products and negative reviews on others. Its sort of a sham to the entire system. At least someone got caught with it, I just wish they all would stop. 

Guardian said:
Its really stupid to do but it seems to be a common practice nowadays to pay for positive reviews on your products and negative reviews on others. Its sort of a sham to the entire system. At least someone got caught with it, I just wish they all would stop.
I agree, not very smart of them.

Back