Samsung's Note 7 crisis will cost at least $2.34 billion

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Do you know what's really bad for your business? Selling a smartphone with a tendency to explode in your customer's pockets. That's why Samsung has revised its quarterly profit guidance, suggesting that it'll lose out on $2.34 billion in the current three-month period. That loss is all down to the Note 7 and its propensity for self-immolation that has so baffled the company's engineers.

Read More

Wow, $2.34 billion is a huge loss.

I bet, Samsung may lose more money if there are lawsuits from Note 7 fires and injuries caused by the Note 7. Some users may sue for data loss when they lost their photos, and work files when their Note 7 exploded.

It is a shame that Samsung will lose so much money because the money could be better spent on hiring more workers, or inventing a better smartphone, game console, PC and Blu-Ray player with a lot of nice features.

I most likely won't buy a Samsung smartphone or other Samsung made device like a TV, Blu-Ray player, and PC in the near future because of safety and reliability concerns.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you try to release something new every year.

That's what happens when you try to release something new every year.

I agree, Samsung releasing the Note 7 too fast, and not taking more time to fully test the Note 7 is one of the reasons that the Note 7 was not safe to use.

Back