froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
SanDisk introduced this week the Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II card. This card is deemed as the "world's fastest" by SanDisk, as write speeds are up to 250 MB/s and read speeds are up to 280 MB/s. The card is also UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) enabled, a new specification allowing for high-quality 4K video recording.

The SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II card will be available this April in three capacities: 16 GB ($119.99), 32 GB ($199.99) and 64 GB ($299.99). Customers can pre-purchase the cards now right here.

Read more

I like how fast these SD cards are. I wonder if this would mean soon we can use SD cards as storage for our desktop, tablet, and laptop computers once the price of these cards become cheaper, and offer more storage.

Class 3? I've been told that only class 10 is the best kind of SD card to use. But this is good specially for people like me who have large GB of data to transfer like MP3 files.

This Card class is UHS Speed Class which is different from the older Class numbers for older SD cards which are usually Class 4-10. I think regular SD cards only have max speeds between 4MB-20MB/s, and not 250MB per second like this card.

UHS Speed Class is fast enough to record 4K video according to the article I linked to.

Back