froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

We don't need no stinkin' consoles...or PC cases for that matter. We build a sub-$400 (and even cheaper if you shop around!) gaming PC that can run games like Titanfall on High settings. Steambox anyone?

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Systems/Budget-Gaming-PC-Shootout-Affordable-System-Builds-Compared

Our Build:
Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz - $58.99
ECS H81H3-M4 - $39.99
4GB Corsair Value - $47
WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda - $55
EVGA 430W 80PLUS - $35
(running total $235.98)
PNY 750TI - $140
(running total: $375.98)
Case - $0
Windows 7 or 8 - $97
(Final cost: $472.98)

Read More

This PC looks like a nice PC for people who are on a small budget, but want to build a decent PC for gaming.

The marvels of PC building.

I agree PC building is pretty impressive at how people can buy a lot of more affordable parts, and build a good computer for playing games like Titan Fall on a HD monitor or TV.

Yeah, but not a lot of people know how to put the parts together. Personally, I don't think I could build a PC myself even if you gave me detailed instructions.

Sometimes, if you live in a bigger city, you can hire someone for a reasonable price to put the computer for you, or go to a store to buy your parts locally at a PC store, they may give you a discount when you hire a computer store to build your PC.

That's what I did for my current PC, except that it wasn't a local store, but rather an online store (from my country) that assembled all the parts for a small extra-fee.

I think iBuypowerPC, and CyberPowerPC website allows customization where you can change the CPU, amount of RAM, and videocard model, and it is sometimes still cheaper than computer bought from a bigger brand like HP, and Dell.

There are most likely a lot of computer builders online like iBuypowerPC which can build custom computers for a small extra-fee.

Back