Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
UPDATE:

So it's true Sept 13 instead of 12.

Tune in at 7 a.m. PT tomorrow, 9/13, for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information mostly focused on #NintendoSwitch games launching this winter.

Read from CBR:

GamesBeat Managing Editor Mike Minotti and Giant Bomb reporter Jeff Grubb uploaded a video to YouTube discussing the rumors they'd both heard on the matter. Grubb affirmed that, although it wasn't sure what kind of direct it might be, he was "100% certain" Nintendo plans to release some form of Direct in September, with both guessing at Sept. 12. However, Minotti claimed there were some games they both felt certain would appear during the upcoming showcase.

"To be clear guys, the one thing we are very, very sure is being announced at this Direct are the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports for Switch," Minotti stated. Grubb expanded on the point, clarifying what they'd heard. "If they're going to have Zelda stuff there, this is not a Partner Direct, and those are the things that we've been hearing. The specifics that were name-dropped were Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD ports to the Switch."

While Minotti and Grubb think Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ports are likely reveals during the rumored Nintendo Direct next month, the only news on Breath of the Wild 2 either expert expects is an official title. According to the pair, other games that might see announcements include Metroid Prime, Advanced Wars, Fire Emblem, Splatoon 3, One Piece Odyssey and a possible new installment in the classic Mario franchise.

Last edited:
If there is no Kid Icarus then I might just skip this direct. Then again as I say that I watch them anyways and buy nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it. The moment any "leak" says "Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD" I'm already checked out. They might do one or the other first, but there's no foreseeable future where Nintendo announces both at the same time. Throw in Metroid Prime 4 with it and then I really don't believe it. Like, sure, it'll happen eventually, but every ND leak for the past few years has claimed MP4.

I'll believe it when I see it. The moment any "leak" says "Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD" I'm already checked out. They might do one or the other first, but there's no foreseeable future where Nintendo announces both at the same time. Throw in Metroid Prime 4 with it and then I really don't believe it. Like, sure, it'll happen eventually, but every ND leak for the past few years has claimed MP4.

Because it's easy to say MP4 since it is so overdue, but at the same time most don't understand a complete restart on its development.

It's happening and I'm excited, but it's happening as soon as I get to work T_T I'm probably going to watch it during lunch and if I pop off in public, I pop off in public.

Nice direct, Fire Emblem Engage Officially announced and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

Pikmin 4 sounds fun to me. The rest I have a minimal investment in or have seen enough gameplay for myself I'd rather skip new games until I play or finish older ones.

Back