Xbox SX Series S is choking the Xbox brand?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Seems like more and more game developers are starting to not like developing for both the Xbox Series S and X, since MS requires both console versions to have the same game feature stuff, almost hard to make stuff for both an under power and over power console. Current reason why Baldur's Gate III (huge game of the year title), still isn't out on Xbox.

Thoughts?

I think the Xbox Series S can be choking the Xbox brand because game makers need to make a game which work on a slower and overpowered console which may cause smaller game makers to spend more time and money on making the game.

I think the Microsoft Xbox Series S can be suffocating the Microsoft Xbox brand because video game develop need to make a game which works on a slower and overpowered console which may cause video game developers to spend more time making Microsoft Xbox games.

I feel like people that wish to develop for Xbox series X might want to bury the S early in favor of that better experience so they might have projects that take longer to develop. However, that's backward to the model of making games faster for money and profit. Perhaps if the hardware is similar in architecture that will be a setup to milk preexisting games into slightly beefed-up versions later on the series X.

I feel the Xbox Series S maybe become more popular if a large amount of people no longer can afford the Xbox Series X in the future because of inflation or they are no longer as much money compared to a few years ago because they got demoted or now working a minimum wage job after they got lay off from their higher paying job because of an economic recession.

I feel there will be more price drops for the Xbox Series S where it cost $150 to $250 which may attract young people who can only afford low monthly payments of $5 to 10 a month to slowly payoff a console.

If there are millions of Xbox Series S users, game makers may make more 2D, Retro, and less hardware intensive 3D games which work well on both the Xbox Series S and X.

There are a lot of people who are fine with 720P to 1080P HD graphics, so there maybe a lot of people who may buy a Xbox Series S if you can make a good advertisement to convince users to buy it to play games.

There's legitimately very few reasons why I personally would want a "new" Xbox. Everything is pretty much cross-platform these days, and since Windows Game Store is connected to Xbox, why the hell would I go out and get a brand new console when I just go and get a digital copy for my PC from the same store? Even then, it's only 320 games only atm, and it's mostly the common heavy hitters like Hades, Monster Hunter & Persona (which are available pretty much everywhere else). The fact that you still pay for the online service when PC games are basically free to play doesn't help much either in that aspect (probably might in the long run since Sony raised the prices on their bullshit).

Microsoft really needs to upsell some Series X exclusives like Starfield and Stalker in the closing year, otherwise you got a pretty expenisve paperweight that looks like a fridge.

Last edited:
I don't think it is doing as much damage as trying to keep the OG Xbox One in the gaming world. Pushing these modern AAA games to run on a 10-year-old console is insane. Granted, PlayStation is basically doing the same thing.

I have actually wondered why MS does not just drop the Xbox One X to an insane price as a loss lead for Game Pass. They could easily outprice Sony in the console war, it is almost like they have a gentlemen's agreement (which might honestly be the case as MS surely doesn't want to add a second monopoly charge to their history).

Back