Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Like the title says does anyone know how to do this? Because I can not connect to my linksys router at the same time with my PS3 and DS without having to go on my router page and change the wireless security setting. Or is this the draw back of having one router for many gaming systems?

and my security setting is like this:

WPA personal for my PS3
WEP for my DS

So anyone got any ideas?

You have to use WEP for both since the DS does not support WPA only the DSi and that Huge DSi Nintendo made supports WPA.

But, WEP is not as secure as WPA, so you might want to change to a harder to gues password with two numbers, uppercase, lowercase letters, and $ymbo1$, or just turn off Wi-Fi when you are not using it.

Most likely you could use WEP for the PS3 since the PS3 also works for 802.11B which introduced WEP encryption wireless.

It is probably a menu item in the PS3 Wi-Fi password settings.

I'm not sure. Maybe since all your devices are on and using your wi-fi at once it is slowing it down since they are all downloading and uploading stuff from the internnet.

WEP is an older encryption software, so it is probably slower, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

You can turn off wireless when you are not using it in your router's control panel when you are just using your PC. It also is more secure since if you are not using your wi-fi and it is off, there is nothing to hack for a tech-savvy wi-fi hacker with too much time. It is not very hard to hack a WEP or WPA wi-fi connection if the hacker know how to...

I'm not sure. Maybe since all your devices are on and using your wi-fi at once it is slowing it down since they are all downloading and uploading stuff from the internnet.

WEP is an older encryption software, so it is probably slower, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

You can turn off wireless when you are not using it in your router's control panel when you are just using your PC. It also is more secure since if you are not using your wi-fi and it is off, there is nothing to hack for a tech-savvy wi-fi hacker with too much time. It is not very hard to hack a WEP or WPA wi-fi connection if the hacker know how to...

it seems fine now it could have been that my connection it's self was slow. but I only use one device at a time (either my PS3 is on with my DS off or vise versa).

I once used Wi-Fi at a place which had rainy weather. I notice when it rained or snowed the internet was slower compared to sunny days, but it also could mean people are staying home on rainy days and using up the available internet bandwidth from their ISP which makes it slow for everyone in town like during summer vacation my ISP disconnect me more often when the Kindergarden to Grade 12 kids are all on vacation.

Microwaves, Cordless phones, Baby Monitors, Walkie Talkies, Radios and Cell Phones can also cause interference and slow down for Wi-Fi devices since they are all on the 2.4 GHz radio wave frequency.

Back