E3 Shadow of the Colossus

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

Looks to be a remaster of the original. My hype level is through the roof. When I sold my PS3, this is the only game I kept. I was hoping Sony would do this but never imagines it would be possible.

I'm reading remake from most news sites, meaning they are rebuilding it from the ground up.

I've always wanted to play SotC. It looks like a really fun game. I just never had a way to play it/I don't have a way to play it.

Hasn't this already had a remaster? Seems a bit over the top to do it again, but the game looks good and I haven't played it yet so I will likely try the PS4 version.

Hasn't this already had a remaster? Seems a bit over the top to do it again, but the game looks good and I haven't played it yet so I will likely try the PS4 version.
They had the remaster on PS3 that bumped it up to 1080p, but I think it was it. Still 30 FPS and no update to the graphics besides the resolution bump.

Mixed reactions on this. Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time, but I don't know if I want to see another remaster. I know it says remake, but I want more than just better detail and graphics. To me the original still looks fantastic. Personally, I would love to see Fumito finish his vision. To complete those colossus he cut. Should be a lot easier now with the new tech.

Mixed reactions on this. Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time, but I don't know if I want to see another remaster. I know it says remake, but I want more than just better detail and graphics. To me the original still looks fantastic. Personally, I would love to see Fumito finish his vision. To complete those colossus he cut. Should be a lot easier now with the new tech.
I think there was a rumor going around yesterday that the cut colossi would be out back into it. Can't find the source of that rumor yet.

OH MY GOD!
Shadow of the Colossus was my favorite PS2 game ever, and I never had the chance to replay it again. This year I keep seeing upcoming titles that make me want to buy a PS4 (mostly remasters or remakes actually...).
I hope the rumor about the cut colossi is true, but I would prefer them just as an optional extra. The game was perfect as it was.

You guys are making me feel bad because I've never played Shadow of the Colossus before. I've heard good things about it but I never really had the chance to try it myself.

I really liked watching the trailer. It made me feel part of what was happening. Those things look scary as hell though. I am happy that I will finally be able to be one of those people that will have the chance to play it. It is on my ''buy when released'' games list. I bet it will look incredible on my PS4.

Yeah it was actually confirmed that it isn't going to be a remaster but rather a complete remake, so I don't know the exact details but probably everything from the graphics to the physics and particle effects are going to be overhauled.

I unfortunately have never played Shadow of the Colossus all the way through. The one time I played it was back on a demo disc that came with some PS2 magazine subscription. Thankfully a friend of mine has a PlayStation 4 and plans on getting it so this will be my chance to finally check out the legendary Shadow of the Colossus.

I've never played Shadow of the Colossus either. I've seen a Let's Play of it and it was definitely an amazing game for it's time. I think I should play it when this remade version gets released. Please don't mention anything about a PS5, I just got a PS4.

I've watched this trailer like 6 times now and I still can't get over how beautiful this looks. The original was amazing for its time and still looks decent today, but this just absolutely blows me away.

Though I do feel a little silly for buying the PS3 Ico/Colossus collection now - at least I got it used lol

PS Also I'm just so excited for all you guys that haven't played it yet. Everything about this game is high art - the style, the story, the gameplay. It's both one of the best puzzle games and one of the best adventure games imo

Back