Shashlik lets you run Android apps in Linux desktop Operating System like Ubuntu

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Shashlik is an open source project that takes a slightly different approach. Instead of turning Android into a desktop-style operating system, Shashlik aims to let you run Android apps as if they were native Linux apps.

In other words, you’d be able to run apps like Angry Birds and even Microsoft Office (mobile) alongside native Linux apps like LibreOffice, GIMP, and VLC in Ubuntu, Debian, Arch, or other GNU/Linux operating systems.

Read More

Shashlik looks good for running Android Apps within Linux . Being able to run Android Apps within Linux can give people more choices in software, and games to run in Linux because there are tons of free and paid apps available for Android, and a lot of new apps and games for Android are released on a weekly basis.

I wonder can Shashlik access files stored outside of the Android Emulator like the Downloads Folder within Linux Mint or Ubuntu.

I'm sure all the linux people will be happy about this.

I'm sure all the linux people will be happy about this.

Yes, I bet, a lot of Linux users would be happy about this since now Linux can run more software which does not have a Linux version, or the Linux version is less reliable like Skype for Linux which is less reliable than the Android version of Skype which is updated more regularly.

Back