Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from VGC:

Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki has indicated that he doesn’t have any concrete plans for Shenmue 4, but reiterated that he wants to make it more accessible to new players if it happens.

Suzuki was speaking to IGN Japan this weekend at a special event to celebrate Shenmue in Yokosuka, the city where the series is based.

As reported by Famitsu, Suzuki discussed several topics, including the recently released Shenmue anime, and spoke about Shenmue 3 and his potential plans for a sequel.

According to Famitsu, Suzuki said that Shenmue 3 was a work made for the fans, with the fans in mind, and was a crowdfunded Kickstarter title for this reason.

Suzuki said that because it was created to please the fans, he was happy that it was well-received by players who had enjoyed the previous games.

However, he also feels that the focus on fan service meant that newcomers “felt like they had been left behind”, making the third game a difficult entry point for those who’d never played the first two titles.

As such, although Suzuki said he doesn’t yet have any concrete plans for Shenmue 4, he stated that he’s eager to “make it possible for new players to play the next one”.

Suzuki’s latest comments echo an interview he gave to IGN Japan two years ago, in which he also said he believes Shenmue 4 will happen and that he wants it to appeal to a broader audience than the last game.

“With Shenmue 3, I really responded to the fans’ voices, so I wasn’t necessarily thinking about making any money,” he said at the time. “But since I’m running a company, I have to think about what can sell if I continue. I’ve been seriously talking about it over and over again.”
shenmue-3-b-1280x720.jpg

Back