Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Shin Megami Tensei 5 will arrive for Nintendo Switch on November 12, confirming a recent leak.

Announced during the Nintendo Direct at E3 2021, preorders for the physical version will begin June 21. Atlus showcased a new SMT 5 trailer previewing some of the mechanics players can look forward to in the sequel.

Coming from someone who binged Persona in the past year, I'm very excited for this, but I'm also confused by what kind of game it is exactly. I get it's a JRPG, but it just seems so big and empty. Though, that's probably because they don't want to spoil too much so I guess I'll find out November 12th.

Coming from someone who binged Persona in the past year, I'm very excited for this, but I'm also confused by what kind of game it is exactly. I get it's a JRPG, but it just seems so big and empty. Though, that's probably because they don't want to spoil too much so I guess I'll find out November 12th.

I'm sure there will be a focused Direct on this.

Thought people liked 5's first impression?
Most of the Persona 4/5 fans get excited when a new Megaten game comes out, but start complaining when they get their hands on the game. Most of the vocal fans of those two games really only care about the waifu/life sim part. So when you get rid of that, you get rid of the sole reason they care about the game. They rarely acknowledge the battle system, the fusion, or even the dungeons. It’s kind of why Fire Emblem Three Houses blew up, and how many fans of that game also refuse to play any other Fire Emblem game? They’re not Persona style dating sims, why bother?

There’s quite a few Megaten games on the 3DS, and outside of the handful that care about Persona Q (and only the first one), the P4/5 fans don’t acknowledge that ANY of them exist. It’s a fandom that really only cares about 2 games, with a small handful that acknowledge the third game exists, but that’s been shrinking over time.

Most of the Persona 4/5 fans get excited when a new Megaten game comes out, but start complaining when they get their hands on the game. Most of the vocal fans of those two games really only care about the waifu/life sim part. So when you get rid of that, you get rid of the sole reason they care about the game. They rarely acknowledge the battle system, the fusion, or even the dungeons. It’s kind of why Fire Emblem Three Houses blew up, and how many fans of that game also refuse to play any other Fire Emblem game? They’re not Persona style dating sims, why bother?

There’s quite a few Megaten games on the 3DS, and outside of the handful that care about Persona Q (and only the first one), the P4/5 fans don’t acknowledge that ANY of them exist. It’s a fandom that really only cares about 2 games, with a small handful that acknowledge the third game exists, but that’s been shrinking over time.

sounds like a lot of no lives play these games.

sounds like a lot of no lives play these games.
According to the SMT sub, SMT5’s initial trailer got review bombed by all the P5 fans crying over how Altus wasted their time making the game because they instead should have used that team to port over P5R to the Switch.

I also saw the comments on FB and Twitter over Nocturne’s HD remaster coming to the Switch and saw the same thing “well if they can port over a game nobody cares about, why don’t they just port P5R instead???????”

People wonder why companies don't listen to the fans often.
Yeah, especially when most review bombs are usually really petty stuff. Like “let’s review bomb Fire Emblem Three Houses because they won’t release it on PC” ignoring that Intelligent systems is owned by Nintendo….

Or when the company initially listens to the fans and the fans backpedal. One that was common awhile ago was “we want you to rerelease this old JRPG with a more accurate translation because the original was either shoddy, censored, or heavily localized (see Ted Woosly)”. The developer does exactly that. “Bawww we want the original translation back”.

Back