Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So just something I've been thinking about lately I like input on. Instead of focusing on the big three and smaller game companies, do you think GF would do better if we focused on a single theme like all Playstation or all Xbox, ect.

If you are wondering why this is an issue, it kind of is as general gaming forums struggle on the internet and this is mostly due to 'fanboys' as most people rather spend their time on Playstation only boards, or handheld only boards, ect.

So any thoughts on this is appreciated and anything you think the forum should focus on.

I think the forum is fine as is. I like how it's focused on all the consoles. Being focused on one console may not appeal to everyone.

I feel it's better the way the forum is right now, with vast themes, it makes it easier to discuss on various consoles, but the choice is yours.

I agree with sarhad and Mikaya, I think its better as is, we have plenty of gamers who enjoy all the consoles, why focus on just one.

Its nice to have some diversity console and game wise around here rather than just Sony or Microsoft.

I think you do a good job keeping each section updated with new content.  I think that getting rid of two sections might be really difficult, I mean which would you go with? (Nintendo and Microsoft? Sony and Microsoft? Sony and Nintendo?)

And there's a good amount of fair and balanced discussion here. Very few really fanboys that I've seen. Most people have readily admitted like "I only own a 360, never played PS3, but Infamous looks good." or "I only own a PS3, but Halo looks cool". So if anything it's been a pretty easy place to chat.

From an advertising perspective, wouldn't having multiple sections be more beneficial? Since then you could appeal to people who maybe lean more Microsoft or Nintendo without completely pushing people who are more into Sony games away.
Plus, as someone who is more Sony myself, I like being able to read (and comment on) things here about Nintendo or Microsoft that I might not otherwise have known.

Nah, single isn't better. It's fine. Everyone who gets used to the place has specific boards they completely ignore. It's totally fine.

VirusZero said:
I think you do a good job keeping each section updated with new content.  I think that getting rid of two sections might be really difficult, I mean which would you go with? (Nintendo and Microsoft? Sony and Microsoft? Sony and Nintendo?)

And there's a good amount of fair and balanced discussion here. Very few really fanboys that I've seen. Most people have readily admitted like "I only own a 360, never played PS3, but Infamous looks good." or "I only own a PS3, but Halo looks cool". So if anything it's been a pretty easy place to chat.

From an advertising perspective, wouldn't having multiple sections be more beneficial? Since then you could appeal to people who maybe lean more Microsoft or Nintendo without completely pushing people who are more into Sony games away.
Plus, as someone who is more Sony myself, I like being able to read (and comment on) things here about Nintendo or Microsoft that I might not otherwise have known.
I would turn it into the most desired forum.

But for the advertising aspect, you would think so. But I've noticed my ad topics would get good feedback, but a single focused ad topic would get the same replies and the people actually joining up.

I think everyone is getting the wrong idea here. Its not like focusing on one console would mean getting rid of all discussions involving the others. It would just mean giving more attention to a specific console,  some its best franchises and its new or upcoming releases. Everything else could be in a smaller board.

So its not such a bad idea as long as you do it right.

I like that the forum is focused somewhat equally on all consoles, so I'm fine with keeping it as it is.

I would say more but I agree with everyone else. It should also be noted that you don't want to lose our current me,bers and attract narrow-minded fanboys.

I think you having something great going here, although focus on one particular niche is easier to market. That being said you have built a forum with great members. I vote to keep it covering all gaming, since I am not as console heavy as I used to be but I still play a lot of pc games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back