Should The EU Be Saved Or Allowed To Collapse?

DarkKirby14

Gamer Who Should Be Around More
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
User Title Change
is there any point to saving the fledgling EU, or would it be best to just put it out of it's misery. Personally, there's no point. England saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out

Is this about that Brexit(sp?) vote some months ago?

The EU is in a bit of a mess. I thought that after Britain (bravely or stupidly) decided to leave the EU, many countries would follow suit. After the election in France yesterday though, with the guy getting in being pro EU, I doubt that will happen anymore - or at least it might be a slower process. The EU is far too integrated as far as I am concerned. I much preferred it in terms of when it started out - free trade, free movement of labour and support in international matters. I think since they started making legislation and controlling monetary policy, etc, the EU has become a pretty poor alliance. I think without major reforms which allows more freedom to countries, the EU will eventually fall.

It's probably best that it continues to exist in my opinion. It's too late for it to be disbanded because it would affect the global economy atleast temporarily which is what no one would want right now.

Back