Should the government give money to the poor to buy a better computer for school, and work tasks?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It could be a good idea for the government to give some money to very poor people to buy a good computer to use for school, and work related tasks. But, very poor people should prove that their actually going to use their computer for school, or work activities like writing a resume for a job, or video chat interviews with employers.

Owning a good computer is important for many poor people who want to work. A lot of school courses, and work related tasks requires a decent computer specs which at least have 3GB of RAM, Intel i3 CPU, 500GB hard drive, Windows 7, and a 720P monitor.

There are also fewer factory, and manual labor jobs for workers, so it is a good idea for people to learn non-manual labor skills like how to use a computer, MS office, image editor, video editors, and coding programs to be more employable at office jobs which need some computer skills.

hrmmm, I think it should be more on the company's tab than the government. The government has enough expenses with schooling that they can't currently cover, much like the current strike in Chicago schools.

hrmmm, I think it should be more on the company's tab than the government. The government has enough expenses with schooling that they can't currently cover, much like the current strike in Chicago schools.

I agree it should be more on the companies tab. But, some smaller companies now want employees to "Bring their own laptop to Work", and some jobs only hire temporary staff for a few days, to do one task like edit a video for a commercial, design a logo and graphics for their website, or setup a small network at work. The temporary staff usually need to use their own computers.

Maybe a small loan would be a better idea than giving money for poor people to buy a new PC for work, and school related tasks.

Back