Should there be more stimulus payments in the USA?

Jasony

Awards
Credits
Well, some argue that it discourages work, and we already see businesses everywhere in America have a shortage, generally. However, though, others argue they simply need the money to pull themselves out of poverty. Well, it is possible to work your way out of poverty, but a lot of people are way in the hole. I mean, it isn't that easy!

If there is, it needs to be a lot better regulated. Not everyone needs it and that was the issue with the first few batches.

The price of food, electricity, and rent is getting more expensive, so increasing the amount of money unemployed and poor people get from stimulus checks will help them out. I think people who are not poor should not get stimulus checks.

With the number of jobs available around the board, I'm constantly questioning the reason behind more stimulus checks and wondering if people game the system because of it, knowing they will have to print more just to keep up with the bottom line hurting the middle class and only there to get more votes in for the next year. Just look at inflation rates compared to last year. Forcing people to not be able to retire it's sickening.

With the number of jobs available around the board, I'm constantly questioning the reason behind more stimulus checks and wondering if people game the system because of it, knowing they will have to print more just to keep up with the bottom line hurting the middle class and only there to get more votes in for the next year. Just look at inflation rates compared to last year. Forcing people to not be able to retire it's sickening.

Truly is, I've seen many aged people keep on working to afford meds and other things, very sad.

I wouldn't mind another stimulus checks but I think we would save it rather than spend it - which I understand kind of defeats the purpose of it as it's supposed to "stimulate" the economy.

I wouldn't mind another stimulus checks but I think we would save it rather than spend it - which I understand kind of defeats the purpose of it as it's supposed to "stimulate" the economy.
More saving and still less goods= inflation. Only people in trouble would be those trying to retire.

Well, I would save mine as well if I got another, but only to be spent paying off my car in six months.

Considering people in the past abused it by refusing to go back to work after getting these payments, they should definitely do a better job of going about these kinda things.

I would do the same thing if they did send another stimulus check so don't feel bad. I can't think of anything that I would really have to have right this minute so I wouldn't have anything to spend the money on if they did send out another one.

But I also will argue that it would kind of discourage people from going to work if they keep handing out stimulus checks. That would involve a big ol' long rant tho.....

I would do the same thing if they did send another stimulus check so don't feel bad. I can't think of anything that I would really have to have right this minute so I wouldn't have anything to spend the money on if they did send out another one.

But I also will argue that it would kind of discourage people from going to work if they keep handing out stimulus checks. That would involve a big ol' long rant tho.....

What amazes me as that there was no set formula to how much people got for unemployment after being fired when the pandemic first hit. More often than not I was hearing that folks were getting paid more with their unemployment checks than what they were actually being paid. In a way I don't blame people for taking advantage of the benefit and not rushing to get another job. The system is broken and there's no one really wanting to fix it.

What amazes me as that there was no set formula to how much people got for unemployment after being fired when the pandemic first hit. More often than not I was hearing that folks were getting paid more with their unemployment checks than what they were actually being paid. In a way I don't blame people for taking advantage of the benefit and not rushing to get another job. The system is broken and there's no one really wanting to fix it.
It'll come back to bite us sooner or later.

Somehow people still haven't gone back to work, a lot of places are still badly short staff.
Its called being lazy. People got used to govt handouts and dont want to let that go.

Giving people money is just a band-aid. It doesn't help the problem. Plus the more people get, the more the prices go up.
There are jobs galore right now. & I agree, people are too lazy. They want the Government to keep giving them free money.
A government that is big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have.- Thomas Jefferson

Giving people money is just a band-aid. It doesn't help the problem. Plus the more people get, the more the prices go up.
There are jobs galore right now. & I agree, people are too lazy. They want the Government to keep giving them free money.
A government that is big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have.- Thomas Jefferson

Very true on that quote.

Back