Shrek 5 (2026)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Staff member
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style

Confirming persistent rumors, DreamWorks Animation has officially announced that Shrek 5 is in development, and is set to hit theaters on July 1, 2026.

Original voice actors Mike Myers (Shrek), Eddie Murphy (Donkey) and Cameron Diaz (Princess Fiona) are all set to return, but we're not sure if Antonio Banderas will be back as Puss in Boots despite the massive success of his recent solo adventure.

The movie will be helmed by Walt Dohrn, who served as a writer and artist on Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third, and as head of story on Shrek Forever After, in which he also voiced Rumpelstiltskin. Shrek 5 will be produced by franchise regular Gina Shay and Illumination founder Chris Meledandri; Brad Ableson will serve as co-director.

I'm curious what idea they have for it, last movie seem to be drying up. They should reboot the series.

I hope Shrek 5 will be as good and funny as the previous Shrek movies I watched a few years ago.

I'm so excited for Shrek 5. Coming in 2026 is indeed a long time. I see the original gang returning and it's going to be so intriguing.

I'm so excited for Shrek 5. Coming in 2026 is indeed a long time. I see the original gang returning and it's going to be so intriguing.
Yes, the original gang is returning and that's the best part. There wouldn't be Shrek without Mike, Eddie, and Cameron.

There are so many jokes they can go for now that would feel different from back then. I'm curious if people would find it funny now and make sure it isn't a bunch of gross-out or slapstick humor.

Wow! I'm very confident that it'll be a hit. The Shrek franchise i known to have loyal fan base and with the same creative team on board it's going to be a blast.

Back