Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
dammit it all to flipping game hell, I'm sick again :squint:

I want to go back to the time I didn't get sick for a few years.

Dude, you need to buy 4 limes a month and everytime you drink something throw a slice in.

Trust me. You'll get sick once every few years.

Sucks that you get ill often. I thankfully seem to have bucked that trend recently *touches wood*

I don't think I would have gotten sick, but my nephew was over and I didn't realize he was sick till he coughed over everything. We're going to have a long talk the next time he comes.

Limes have a bunch of crap that are antitoxins.

I'm guessing sprite doesn't count? ^^;

I remember my mom would sometimes give me a Sprite to help settle my stomach if I had an upset stomach. If you drink one, take small sips and don't chug it down really fast. The best thing to drink though it Gatorade or water. They will replace electrolytes or re-hydrate your body.

I feel for you. Hate getting sick. Seldom get sick but it sucks when I do

I remember my mom would sometimes give me a Sprite to help settle my stomach if I had an upset stomach. If you drink one, take small sips and don't chug it down really fast. The best thing to drink though it Gatorade or water. They will replace electrolytes or re-hydrate your body.

I usually drink a warm sprite and then follow it up with water.

I could never drink it warm. To me, a soda starts to not taste as good when it gets warm. But it's good that you're following it up with some water.

Try to drink hot water daily.
Also, try to eat at least one variety of fruit.

Yeah it's hard to not get sick with kids around. I managed to not get sick over the winter that just passed, I usually pick stuff up when I'm training to work.

I'd say the best way to not get sick is make sure you thoroughly wash your hands and that the people around you also do. Germs tend to travel on doorknobs, escalator rails and anything that lots of people touch. Also flu injections are worth it, always.

Try to drink hot water daily.
Also, try to eat at least one variety of fruit.

Hot water will do what exactly? Or are you talking about tea?

Yeah it's hard to not get sick with kids around. I managed to not get sick over the winter that just passed, I usually pick stuff up when I'm training to work.

I'd say the best way to not get sick is make sure you thoroughly wash your hands and that the people around you also do. Germs tend to travel on doorknobs, escalator rails and anything that lots of people touch. Also flu injections are worth it, always.

I thought flu shots never covered current strains, just past ones which you most likely wouldn't be affected by.

I could be wrong but heat kills germs/bugs. I drink hot lemon and honey when I get a cold.

I thought flu shots never covered current strains, just past ones which you most likely wouldn't be affected by.
That comes down to who you talk to, 2 different doctors will say different things. Some will say it help but others say it only protect you from past stains.

No, the shot is built around what flus are trending in your part of the world. Scientists use that data to "best guess" what will be the most common flu during your winter and create the shot to fight that one.

Related, listened to this podcast the other day and would recommend:
How the Flu Works

Nope. It would make the sore throat, cold, cough go away.
Well, at least it would prevent infection.

My colleagues asked me to go for it, whenever I can.

No, the shot is built around what flus are trending in your part of the world. Scientists use that data to "best guess" what will be the most common flu during your winter and create the shot to fight that one.

Related, listened to this podcast the other day and would recommend:
How the Flu Works

why can't life be simple?

Back