cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Started PC version hard mode of the game. The new fog effect is nice! combat also great. Recorded some cutscenes and gameplay:

Played it some more, killing many monsters on the streets of Silent Hill lol recorded it:

Running through the second form of the city's streets, got the flashlight and killed the first Thigh monster thing that could grapple you to death with its quadruple thighs lol. Recorded it:

Close Quarters Combat time exploring the woodside apartment. The Thigh Monster tried to ambushed me but failed lol. Fighting the acid vomiting monsters indoors, in narrow hallway and tight spaces were pretty tough. Had to be really careful. And got the handgun yay! lol recorded it:

Played some more. exploring the Wood side apartment more, killed more monsters and Solved the Graffiti room puzzle. Recorded it:

Modders "fixed" Maria's face lol
88-1728647895-1530487851.png

Killed a lot of female Thigh Monsters upstairs, got the second coin and met Eddie. Recorded it:

Full behind the scenes video of the remake:

Recommended, right? I'm gonna have to play it. I never played Silent Hill 2.
The first one, back on the PSX was actually the best imo. But SH 2 Remake is also good. The horror story stuff, great combat system. also fun puzzles.

The micro stutter that DF also mentioned in their tech analysis video is rather annoying and white flashes when you move the camera fast in Unreal Engine are also annoying, 3d Polygon rendering artifact because of occlusion culling. Objects behind other objects are occluded, or ignored in the 3d rendering pipeline.

Assigned 8 pre-rendered frames to help with the flip que to help with the microstutter, Tweaked the Engine.ini file of the game, changed the streaming Level Of Detail strategy and changed the way the engine streams assets, instead of spreading the streaming across more frames I forced the engine to stream needed assets in just 1 frame. And I disabled the engine's Occlusion queries to remove the white flashes. Tested it and it's working:

[SystemSettings]

r.AllowOcclusionQueries=0

;removes microstutter
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2 ;
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1 ;

I had a bug near the end of the Brookhaven hospital section where you get the rooftop key and you need to use it to go to the rooftop and then down to the other side of the steel door on the third floor. But one locked door just didn't load for a few seconds and I was able to just walk into the room and unlock it from the other side gaining.

Back