Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Gematsu:

“Having parted with Sony Interactive Entertainment which I have been with for a very long time, we have independently established a new development studio.

“Looking back at my inner self, nothing has really changed at all since day one when I set foot into this industry. Firstly I want players to enjoy games built from ideas with originality, and secondly I want to enjoy making those games—this is all there was to it. Thankfully it was possible for myself and team to develop and release many games. However the gaming industry has rapidly grown globally and is still drastically changing all the time. Day by day, living in these times, I have felt the need for a substantial change to pursue my own ambitions. This is why I have decided to become independent.

“Thankfully I am blessed with a team of colleagues who share the same ambitions as myself, which is why I am able to start this new chapter with a new game studio where we can form our original ideas. We are already under development for our first work, though obviously will need some time before release. We ask for your patience and to look forward to future announcements.”

In an interview with Famitsu, Toyama confirmed that development on the studio’s first title—an original action-adventure game that will release on various platforms—is currently underway. The scale of the game is similar to the games Toyama has created in the past. Development is expected to take two or three years.

Asked about the franchises he worked on at Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio, Toyama said that while Bokeh Game Studio will not be able to work on those properties on its own accord, he hopes to continue his good relationship with Sony Interactive Entertainment to possibly realize new movements in those franchises in the future if both parties agree to it.

The studio’s name, “Bokeh,” is an English term originated from the Japanese word “bo-ke,” which refers to the camera blur technique. This Japanese method of expression has grown to be used worldwide.

Bokeh Game Studio defines its business as “development of software for console and PC,” and aims to “take on many challenges in the future, regardless of platform.”

Looking forward to the next horror game from the guy indeed.

Read from dualshockers and ign japan, they just said they are making a new horror game like Silent Hill, hyped:

Toyama confirmed that they are working on a brand new project at the studio that will be a horror experience set in the action-adventure genre. He claimed that the new project will appeal to the fans of his previous works. Similar to Silent Hill and Gravity Rush, the new project is promised to feature some rich worlds with structured backgrounds.

According to Toyama, the game will be a broader entertainment experience with a horror-oriented theme. Probably more like Silent Hill than Gravity Rush.

The game doesn’t have an exact release date yet, but Bokeh Game Studio is aiming for a 2023 release. The lead platform of the game is PC, but the developers hope that they could launch it on as many platforms as possible.

Bokeh Game Studio is a fairly large team that has just entered the prototype stage of development, and the producer of the project hope they could be able to launch it three years from now.

Saw a video update on their new horror game:

“Regarding our first game, I have multiple directions for my works,” “The one I took is quite dark, far from my more recent titles. It’s like I’m coming back to my roots, for example towards horror. My ideas were starting to go that direction. This is where I’m taking my first title. However, rather than something deeply rooted into horror, I want to keep an entertainment note. While keeping elements from horror, I want the player to feel exhilarated when playing the game.”

their first game is Slitterhead:

QA session video:

Second part of the video is uo:

They uploaded a new video:

Back