froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Xbox 360 folks, you might get yourselves a Skype in your console much sooner than you think they will.

In the latest Xbox 360 awards survey Microsoft accidentally dropped the hints of a Skype integration on the console application arriving soon. “Other than playing games, which of the following activities do you enjoy on Xbox 360?” asks the survey.

The answers include watching DVDs and Zune movies but they are really playing the toes by including “using Skype” as an option in the survey.

There are no words from the company about their Skype plans until the EU commission has technically approved the deal.

However, Microsoft has previously approved the fact that the online calling service will paves its way to the Kinect and Xbox 360.

Realistically, we can set an October release for the Skype application to arrives into the console as it supposedly coincides with the Microsoft-Skype deal and also in time for the fall dashboard update.

The upcoming dashboard update from Microsoft will bring Bing search integration and a new Metro tile user interface to the gaming platform. Skype currently boasting some 170 million connected users and saw over 207 billion minutes of voice and video conversations in last year alone while Microsoft reportedly sold over 55 million Xbox 360 consoles and possessed 35 million active users in Xbox Live.

myona

Cool, this means fewer people need to turn on a PC to use Skype now when Skype for 360 comes out.

This sounds pretty good, skype would definitely be a useful feature to have on live. I'm not currently subscribed but I may be in the future with all the work Microsoft is putting towards the service.

oh wow cant wait for this

I am looking forward to Skype coming to the Xbox 360 :) will make it alot easier to make calls and such using skype as I have a headset for that. They really are going all out with this new update and most of what they have released some of which I can see a point to and others well I just see no point.

This would be a cool addition, but I don't want to have to buy Kinect just so I can use Skype. I could just stand up and move 2 metres and go on my computer to do that.

I don't see what's all the buzz about when we have so many electronics to use for Skype. It seems like a waste to me when we already have iPhones, laptops, and tablets. I don't know about you guys but I'm not psyched about it.

I find the mics on xbox to not be that great. I'm not sure if it would affect the quality for a skype call but I would definitely use a skype app on the xbox. I think xbox wants people to buy their system even if they don't play games like playstation and blue ray.

Back