Skyrim on Switch

OursIsTheFury

Full GL Member
Credits

I saw some gameplay videos of Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch back when Bethesda did their presentation a week ago. You can use the Switch controllers to motion combat actions like swinging a sword, blocking with your shield, and even firing a bow against your enemies. So it's basically Skyrim with more immersion, since you are not just pressing buttons on a keyboard and firing with a mouse. You actually can do motions in this system so you can at least feel like you are actually in the battlefield.

What do you guys think?

I don't know. I've never played Skyrim before so I don't know if I'll get it for the Switch. It would have to be something really good for me to consider getting it. Especially since games are at least $50-$60 a piece these days.

I don't know. I've never played Skyrim before so I don't know if I'll get it for the Switch. It would have to be something really good for me to consider getting it. Especially since games are at least $50-$60 a piece these days.
Skyrim is amazing. It's a massive world and you're the one who will decide on what you want. It's non-linear, you can go to high level areas at level 1 if you want (you'll get your ass kicked of course), and you also have these cool powers that can throw everyone back, you can control the weather, you can be invisible; the sky is literally the limit for you in this game. I would definitely recommend it (especially the Enhanced Edition which was basically a remaster), you will easily log 500 hours on it.

I've never played Skyrim, but I'm not big into Elder Scrolls. I've only played Morrowind and hated it because I couldn't exit the first area of the game. Everything was blocked off by doors that could only be entered if you were level 5, 10, sometimes 50. I also got really sick of hearing about Skyrim before it was coming out back in High School. I mean, I don't like games with giant maps. I just like going from point A to point B in a story. The only reason I was able to beat Breath of the Wild is because it was Zelda. If it wasn't, I don't think I would've gotten very far.

However, I promised some people if Skyrim came to the Switch I'd flip a do a coin flip to see if I would get it and I lost that coin flip so I'm going to get it. Apparently one of my other friends has been wanting to play Skyrim so two of my friends might get together and have a Skyrim party where I play it on the Switch, one plays it on the 360, and one other plays it on the PC. So that might make it more fun. I'm also going to avoid getting the Link gear because I want to try to beat it legit without tricking myself into believe it's BotW.

I've never played Skyrim, but I'm not big into Elder Scrolls. I've only played Morrowind and hated it because I couldn't exit the first area of the game. Everything was blocked off by doors that could only be entered if you were level 5, 10, sometimes 50. I also got really sick of hearing about Skyrim before it was coming out back in High School. I mean, I don't like games with giant maps. I just like going from point A to point B in a story. The only reason I was able to beat Breath of the Wild is because it was Zelda. If it wasn't, I don't think I would've gotten very far.

However, I promised some people if Skyrim came to the Switch I'd flip a do a coin flip to see if I would get it and I lost that coin flip so I'm going to get it. Apparently one of my other friends has been wanting to play Skyrim so two of my friends might get together and have a Skyrim party where I play it on the Switch, one plays it on the 360, and one other plays it on the PC. So that might make it more fun. I'm also going to avoid getting the Link gear because I want to try to beat it legit without tricking myself into believe it's BotW.
I honestly feel the same about the earlier games of the franchise. The controls were sluggish, the magic system was more like a side/alternative combat choice instead of being an actual mage. The graphics were subpar I guess (fans call the graphics in ES4 "potato heads"), but the story was excellent. If there's one thing about this franchise - even including the Fallout games - is that the better the graphics, the shorter the story.

That's why Skyrim got popular pretty quickly; the game is great and the controls are excellently made, with the story starting at the tutorial area that will make anybody familiar with how the game is played. I would definitely recommend it to you.

Skyrim is pretty good from what I've seen, though I think its best played on PC.

I think it's nice but I also think we're getting so much of Skyrim these days. Recently we've had the enhanced edition, now the Switch port, and then we had the VR version. I get it, Skyrim is my favorite game too and I too would like to play it with more immersion/portability, but I just can't deny the fact that I'm still waiting here for Elder Scrolls 6.

Back