Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Need some more skyrim in your life? Want it in current gen HD? Well Bethesda has answered your plea with tonight's E3 reveal that it will come remastered to current gen systems PS4, Xbox One and PC.

It will release on 10/28/16.

Plus if you own everything currently of Skyrim, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version for free!

Last edited:
Pretty happy they announced this. Mod support for consoles is fantastic. Never got into it on Xbox 360 due to poor performance, sure it'll be much better now.

It's really cool that they're offering the upgrade for free. Sadly, I wouldn't qualify for it though. I only have it for the Xbox 360. I've always wanted to try it for PC but have never gotten around to buying it.

This looks amazing! I have only played it on playstation 3, but that preview blow my mind, it looks extremely realistic and it's something that's definitely worth it, on the other hand, it's a great place that they will give you the remastered version for free. I'm seriously thinking about getting the PC version, it seems more comfortable for me, and remastered it would be even better.

Guess I don't quality for it then.

You can look out for sales between now and then on the DLC stuff. You might be able to add a lot of DLCs for less than the cost of the remastered version. The added bonus is then when you do play Skyrim after the remix, there will be a lot of new content on top of the HD, so it will feel different.

Just saw the trailer. Well, I Think most people should keep the old one with an ENB mod installed. Volumetric God rays, remastered art & fx, New snow shaders, Dynamic DoF, Screen space reflections etc.? Not really impressive. Are they fixing the rain fx being just a filter and not actually working like rain? Probably not, it still rains in interiors in Fallout 4. Add a wet shader like in Fallout 4? yeah right. Upgrading the executable to 64 bit system? Yeah right. Fix some major bugs, like say implementing the memory fixes in-game? Yeah right. At least people can get it for free (with legendary edition).

I'm actually kinda looking forward to it? I'm not buying it until the prices drops (obviously), but as someone with a potato of a computer and only a PS4, this is actually pretty nice for me. I always wanted to play Skyrim, but I didn't have a PS3 or the money to get it. (Though I watched other people play it for a long time.) Of course, those with good PC's won't care because they already have version that looks even more amazing due to modding. But for those of us stuck with consoles, it's pretty nice. ^^;

That's actually a change only if you're using console... We could achieve more than this using mods long time ago. It's not really something I'm looking forward as a PC player as it's not really for me. I probably even won't be able to play this, because I'm using Linux and I heard it will use DX11, not DX9, so I won't be able to run it through Wine. It will be another title in my Steam Library that I won't ever touch.

Well its definitely a big upgrade in terms of graphics and this is especially important for console players, who are usually unable to install graphics mods. It is on the other hand a little less important/relevant to PC players, especially those who have modded their Skyrim already. The thing is, this is the entire game, no performance-dropping mods or extra add ons and that's probably what makes it worthwhile for PC gamers. I just hope they at least add some extra content and fix every bug or performance issue that did exist in the former title.

I hope that this at least shines a light for Elder Scrolls fans and shows that Bethesda still cares about the beloved title to the extent where they are preparing Elder Scrolls VI. I'm sure that's going to be a massive hit when it comes out, if it does anyway.

Graphic upgrade looks nice. This was one game I was always thinking to get back on PS3 but just never ended up getting it. So definitely need to pick up this one.

You know something, I once owned an Elder Scrolls game for the original X Box and rather enjoyed it since it seem like a never ending game. But it has me wondering how many people actually managed to pass it. Because when I was playing this title I had a lot of time on my hands and would play it hours on in. Yet, I was never truly able to reach the final stages of that game which is probably why I stood away from all of the newer versions. I would assume they fixed that but the fact that Skyrim is still being talked about makes me think it hasn't.

At first I was a little disappointed with the announcement of Skyrim remastered, but then I remembered my old laptop's inability to run mods very well and I realized that this remastered edition might be a great chance to see Skyrim re-optimized and looking better for once. Also props to Bethesda for offering it for free to PC users who have all of the current Skyrim DLC! It's a wonderful move and shows a lot of loyalty to fans.

You know, a lot of PC gamers are saying that the upgrade is meaningless on the PC platform because with a couple of mods you can get the game to look as good, if not better...

But I must say I disagree, and i'm a fairly dedicated gamer, i'm not a casual by any means and I know how to mod the game. While it is true that you can get the game to look great with a couple of mods, I really appreciate being able to just download the game into Steam and then only having to install a couple of mods to get the game ready for another playthrough (In my case i'd only have to install a combat overhaul mod).

I spent over 500 hours in Skyrim on 360, I'm easily getting this on release. The upgraded graphics look glorious, and mod support doesn't sound bad either. Mostly I'm looking forward to being able to play with the PS4's controller and interface, but I hope they'll take the time to fix some of the gamebreaking bugs they missed in the last official patch.

I spent over 500 hours in Skyrim on 360, I'm easily getting this on release. The upgraded graphics look glorious, and mod support doesn't sound bad either. Mostly I'm looking forward to being able to play with the PS4's controller and interface, but I hope they'll take the time to fix some of the gamebreaking bugs they missed in the last official patch.

I don't think I could bring myself to play a game for 500 hours.

Back