Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

Nintendo is following up their hit NES Classic with the SNES Classic, a mini version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It's due out on September 29th 2017 for $80 and come with 21 games including the previously unreleased Star Fox 2 along with an HDMI cable, a charging cable, and two SNES controllers to play the Street Fighter game plus Super Mario Kart.

Here is the list:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man® X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island

Here is the press release info:

“Even for super fans who have played all of these games multiple times, the inclusion of the never-before-released Star Fox 2 game will offer them something entirely new to enjoy – if they can unlock it by proving their skills in the original Star Fox game.

That's actually really cool. I've never owned an SNES and it would be cool to have something like this even though I only have interest in Mega Man X, Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Super Mario RPG, and Street Fighter II (sort of), same with Super Punch Out. The other games are just bonuses. Like, I might replay through Earthbound, try the original Kirby's Superstar, or I may try F-Zero. I've already beaten Yoshi's Island DS and have no interest in playing the original and I've already beaten ALttP so many times. The rest like Contra, DKC, Super Metroid, Super Ghouls and Ghosts,and Secret of Mana, which ever else I didn't say, I have zero interest in, besides maybe Super Mario Kart, but I've heard that's heck to control. I don't know if it would be worth it, but I'll check the price and weigh my options before getting it.

Release date:
September 29, 2017

Discontinued:
September 30, 2017

Wonder how jacked up the price for this will be. Looks like we at least get 2 controllers this time around. The NES Classic was $20 less and had 9 more games, but only one controller. I'm also hoping they made the controller cords longer.

Release date:
September 29, 2017

Discontinued:
September 30, 2017

Wonder how jacked up the price for this will be. Looks like we at least get 2 controllers this time around. The NES Classic was $20 less and had 9 more games, but only one controller. I'm also hoping they made the controller cords longer.

Nintendo did say they plan to produce more.

Saw somebody tweet that the cable for the controller is now 5 feet instead of 3!

Back