So, er... Meta game?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Stay out of this topic if you have nothing constructive to say, but which new Pokemon will be used a lot by competitive players and in tournaments and the like? Your thoughts?

Well, I can see Shandera and Ulgamoth as powerhouses seeing that they have Higher stats for Special Attack, those would be two I'd use to tear through the opponent.

Dream world abilities turn some pokemon into absolute wreckers.

-Shandera gets shadow tag, so it is pretty much the ultimate revenge killer. Switch it in, use substitute then calm mind and 6-0 the opponent.
-Doryuuzu can hit over 600 speed in sandstorm with it's ability and swords dance, guarantees atleast one kill unless your foe's next pokemon has a priority move. (Which will pretty much always kill it IMO. Mach Punch, vacuum wave, aqua jet, ice shard...all super effective)
-Politied's dream world ability is drizzle, while ninetales dream world ability is drought, so you won't have to waste a turn to set up your weather team, not to mention it lasts forever. This means weather teams are going to be EXTREMELY common this gen.
-Ditto's new ability transforms him into the enemy pokemon right when switching in, so wielding a choice scarf garauntees he outspeeds and likely kills.
-Burungeru and Nattorei make a great defensive core similar to Skarmory and Blissey. Nattorei handles physical attacks greatly and Burungeru takes special attacks. Expect to see those two on stall teams.
-Blaziken got Speed Boost for a dream world ability. This turns it into a monster after setting up a few swords dances or just using protect to guarantee a speed boost. Plus, he can baton pass the boosts.
-Shell break, tail glow, and butterfly dance are easily the best boosting moves. Shell break is +2 atk-sp atk-spd and -2 def-sp def, tail glow is +3 sp atk, and butterfly dance is +1 sp atk-sp def-spd.
-Cloyster can utilize shell break with it's massive defences and use skill linked icicle spears and rock blast to destroy whatever tries to switch in.
-Zoroark's ability changes him into an exact replica of the pokemon in the back of your party astheticly, and can force switches while getting a swords dance or nasty plot up.

-YOU CAN SEE YOUR OPPONENT'S TEAM BEFORE YOU BATTLE AND CHOOSE YOUR LEAD. This is a huge difference that destroys the aspect of scouting and some prediction. I have mixed feelings about this one.

Holy dooley, a few of those stat booster abilities sound fearsome. What's the go with the "seeing the whole party thing", too? Can you do that before a Wi-Fi battle? If so, then yeah, not too keen on it (even though I never Wi-Fi battle, heh).

Also, now I want a Shandera.

Starter freaks like me are definetly going to use the starters. Powerful, strategetic pokemon are going to be used Widely and Wisely.

Starter freaks like me are definetly going to use the starters. Powerful, strategetic pokemon are going to be used Widely and Wisely.

In-Game ≠ Metagame

Really, I don't see any starter being used except for Jalorda slightly with Sub-Leech Seed sets. It has a gimmicky Dream World Ability called 'Perversity' that reverses stat changes, so that -1 stat changes realy become +1, but the only move it can abuse it with is Leaf Storm. (Which that in itself can make Jalorda dangerous at times. Leaf Storm is already insanely powerful and gets STAB, so +2 Sp. Atk is gonna smash some things in.)

Well as magikarp said in the favorite Pokemon thread, Hihidaruma choice band can drop almost anything with it's flare blitz. So a very good Pokemon for wifi would be Hihidaruma.

P.S. Hi sam
tongue.gif

I love how I'm the only one here who knows nothing about B&W Editions beyond the starters. :squint:

Am I the only one who likes to be surprised by anything anymore?

Meh, depends on the game. It's kinda hard to miss spoilers nowadays anyhow.

Back