Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So some many many years ago, someone hacked my gamestop account and used up all my points. Thankfully I got the account back along with the spent points and to be safe I put in an extremely long password that can only be copied and pasted off my PW list. This morning woke up to a bunch of sign in fail attempts on it.

I swear some people out there.

Good thing the person failed on hacking your account. Proving the excellent strength of your password in the process too.

Good thing the person failed on hacking your account. Proving the excellent strength of your password in the process too.

yep, my password is so good I could never type it in!

Have they got the option to set-up 2FA?

maybe, but I really don't have anything on my account other than enough points for a $3 psn card.

maybe, but I really don't have anything on my account other than enough points for a $3 psn card.
Maybe it just me but I try to turn on 2FA for every account where possible regardless of what the account in question is or value of such account.

Maybe it just me but I try to turn on 2FA for every account where possible regardless of what the account in question is or value of such account.

that's annoying though. I did have to turn it on for my PSN as that got hacked a good while ago and Sony said they wouldn't do anything more for me if it happened again

It is great that your password is strong enough to prevent your account from getting hacked.

I wonder if it is a bot/hacking software which is trying to hack random Gamestop accounts with weak passwords.

Back