Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
vitareferralprogram.png

source

image says it all.

I don't think this is a good deal for the person who convince friends to buy a PSP Vita. I think more people have a $20 Amazon Giftcard, or Paypal payment since you can choose how to spend the money instead of being force to spend your earnings at PSN.

I agree with the above posters, an amazon card would be much better than a simple Sony voucher.

1000 points?! Wow, that's actually a lot. You could get a huge discount on their site with that. That's more than $20 that you get.

GracefulAssassin said:
1000 points?! Wow, that's actually a lot. You could get a huge discount on their site with that. That's more than $20 that you get.
Its still stupid, if you can convince people to buy a Vita you're be better off trying to sell something that rewards you more.

Memento Mori said:

Its still stupid, if you can convince people to buy a Vita you're be better off trying to sell something that rewards you more.
Better than not being able to move any consoles like the Wii U. :p

GracefulAssassin said:
Better than not being able to move any consoles like the Wii U. :p
I believe you've misread what I said :p
I meant that if you are good enough to be able to convince people to buy a Vita, you might as well get a contract with some company and convince people to buy their products for more rewards that will most likely be more interesting than a $20 gift card and 1000 points.

The Vita is a pretty good system in terms of hardware. It's biggest drawbacks are:
1-Lack of games. (Though if you have PS Plus then the instant game collection does add a few titles to your system... Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, etc...)

2- Sony's stupidly overpriced proprietary memory cards. (100$ for a 32GB card. Anything less than 32GB just isn't worth it since you'll burn through space in a hurry if you download games or put HD movies or high quality audio on the memory card.)

3- Sony's decision to have the Vita/memory card lock itself to one PSN account. (So no sharing Vita with siblings or spouse like you could with the PS3.)

Though it makes sense why Sony would offer their own PSN card or Sony Store points... It offers an incentive for people to get Sony Content (which is easier and cheaper for them to distribute. Since they can simply send you a message on PSN to give you the 20$ PSN voucher. And plus this way they don't have to pay Amazon or another company for the gift cards and watch people use them to buy 3DS games... which would be a bad business move.)

Besides, if you knew someone who was already looking to get a Vita this'd just be a way to get yourself a bonus. 

I can't imagine it actually boosted sales that much, but it certainly couldn't hurt. And it would help get some more exposure for the Vita. (Though a price cut would certainly get sales up... When they cut price in Japan, the Vita exploded in sales... According to one source, going from 11,000 to 62,000 units sold in a week. So if that's what happened in Japan, I'd imagine something similar would happen here in North America.)

It would be better if Sony use SD Cards for a Memory card since most people already own SD memory cards, and they cost less.

More games, and apps will convince more people to buy a Vita, and a price drop.

Let's hope they forget about the PS4 after the next E3 and start focusing on this damn thing, because this has the ability to be even better than the PSP, and that is saying a lot.
Seriously, that display screen is beautiful, we need more games for it.

I've enjoyed the Vita, and with the coming PS4 that is likely to improve. At least I don't need an iPad or Google Glasses or something like some stupid systems...freaking  Xboner.

I am not supprised by this it has not done as well as the PSP when that got released but give it time who knows what will happen

I'm not sure how the Vita is doing now, since I'm guessing it's at least gotten a bit of a nudge ever since the release of PS4 because it can be used in conjunction with it, but now seeing this promo for the first time, I'd say I'm not surprised that they got desperate, but at the same time, I'm a bit surprised they stooped so low, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Vita has not sold many units but Vita owners buy a lot of games. It's in no way a failure. There exists a very good market space on it for indies, remote play, and PlayStation Now. I'm willing to bet we see a complete GUI overhaul soon as well given its implications with the PS4.

People expect it to be like a 3DS implementation with these select AAA titles that consumers buy just to play the device, it isn't like that, the value is more distributed.

And I definitely think Sony is making the right choice by not trying to compete in this way. 

Back