Other Sony Cuts 900 Jobs in Gaming, Shuts Down London Division

cpvr

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
More layoffs are hitting the gaming industry as Sony is cutting 900 jobs in their gaming division that’s based in london.

SONY Group will lay off 900 people across its video-game division worldwide, or about 8 per cent of its employees, and close a group in London.

“After careful consideration and many leadership discussions over several months, it has become clear changes need to be made to continue to grow the business and develop the company,” departing Sony Interactive Entertainment president and chief executive officer Jim Ryan wrote on Tuesday (Feb 27) in a note to staff, addressing the cuts.

Sony said the layoffs will also impact game makers Insomniac (the studio behind Spider-Man), Naughty Dog (The Last of Us) and Guerrilla (Horizon), three of its most successful subsidiaries.

Jesus, and from such top studios as well.

I'm calling it here, we let video games get too complicated to make.

Jesus, and from such top studios as well.

I'm calling it here, we let video games get too complicated to make.
At the same time even if you aren't paid for it everyone has the right to make and sell games. I agree that modern consoles, gaming, and making, are like chasing two rabbits.

This is sad news for Sony game workers who lost their jobs. I hope the workers who lost their jobs can quickly find new jobs.,

Back