Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown

A new higher-priced PlayStation 5 DualSense controller is coming from Sony, sources tell games insider Tom Henderson. The new controller is specifically aimed at pro players and will feature upgrades similar to the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller from Microsoft, including swappable analog sticks, trigger stops, and back paddles.

The new PS5 Elite controller will retain features of previous DualSense controllers including more actuators/trigger haptics, however the new model will be more advanced with trigger stops to increase sensitivity and reduce latency. Another breakthrough feature is being able to completely remove the controller's entire analog stick mechanism. Analog sticks are typically soldered and fused to a controller's circuit board, but the PS5 Pro controller will apparently let users hot swap analog stocks on demand.

Also does this confirm a PS5 pro? lol.

Logically yes lol but alas intel has it sony will not be revealing ps5 pro just yet to the public.

Swapping analog sticks should be a fun trend. Imagine buying custom ones or having one break and getting another to put in. What next, custom controller sizes for different sized hands?

What next, custom controller sizes for different sized hands?
Thrustmaster's Flight Sim/Fighter Plane Sim Flight Stick I am using can be switched into right handed or left handed mode.

I've never tried out a pro controller but looking forward to this one. Back paddles sounds like a fun little addition especially with certain games like racing ones

Thrustmaster's Flight Sim/Fighter Plane Sim Flight Stick I am using can be switched into right handed or left handed mode.
Is it strenuous if it's right in front of you like in the middle?

Is it strenuous if it's right in front of you like in the middle?
In a real F/A - 18 Hornet for example the Flight stick is at an angle to the left so that you won't strain your right hand while piloting the fighter. Though in the real Hornet you always use your right hand to move the flight stick and your left hand for moving the throttles, controlling the radar sensors, weapons targeting etc. No native support for left handed combat pilot.

SXPpoEL.jpg

So with the Thrustmaster Flight Stick you just put the stick in front of you at an angle to the left if you are right handed and vice versa to avoid the strain.

OrSj3bS.jpg

16bFBzn.png

I like that Sony PS5 Pro controller has swappable analog sticks, trigger stops, and back paddles.

Back