Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Shipments for Sony’s Nasne, the PlayStation’s multimedia hub, will cease in the upcoming days. The Japan-only DVR was released back in 2012 primarily for the PS3 and Vita, and later got an update for PS4. The Japan-only DVR was released back in 2012 primarily for the PS3 and Vita, and later got an update for PS4. Sony tells Famitsu that the hardware’s Nasne Access and Torne services will continue for a little longer.

It is good that Sony to continue the Nasne Access and Torne services for a little longer instead of shutting it down sooner.

I think most people used Tivo, Multimedia Desktop PC with a TV Tuner card to use as a DVR or the DVR which came with their Cable TV company, so DVR for consoles may not have a huge demand.

I would think they be big in Japan as well.

I think DVR and multimedia PCs are probably popular in Japan as well. There are also some DVD players which can record TV shows and video to DVD-R disc. The Japanese and Asian countries may also of used DVD TV Recorders to record TV shows to disc in the past when a 100GB hard drive cost more money.

Back