Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read on Sony Japan ending its Ps2 aftercare service:

Sony Interactive Entertainment’s aftercare service for the PlayStation 2 in Japan is ending. While the console has been out of production since 2012, Sony Japan continued to service to the game machine, keeping it alive. Sony is now pulling the plug.

As IT Media reports, Sony Japan asked PS2 owners to fill out online forms by August 31 to have their consoles fixed one last time. PS2 that arrive at the PlayStation Clinic service center in Iwate Prefecture after September 7 will not be serviced.

Those who did not register online prior had until August 31 to send their consoles in. Customer support for the PS2 also officially ended that same day.

The PlayStation 2 launched on March 4, 2000 in Japan. It went to become the best-selling game console ever.

Indeed, I agree! Fare Thee Well O Playstation 2!

It is amazing how long Sony been keeping the PS2 repair service open for. I wonder how many people still use the service.

Finding parts for a PS2 maybe hard like repairing older computers where parts are harder to find at a store.

I read blog posts that PS2 emulators are now available for PC, so I think some people who still want to play PS2 games may emulate them on a PC.

it's not hard to fix a PS2 or find someone who would do it. If nothing else buy another.

I feel it would be difficult to get parts like the disc drive since you can't buy them from a regular electronics store, and not all brands of disc drives would fit the PS2.

Some people now copy PS2 game ROMs to a Windows computer, and use a PS2 emulator program to play PS2 games on Windows with an emulator for PS2 games.

I feel it would be difficult to get parts like the disc drive since you can't buy them from a regular electronics store, and not all brands of disc drives would fit the PS2.

Some people now copy PS2 game ROMs to a Windows computer, and use a PS2 emulator program to play PS2 games on Windows with an emulator for PS2 games.

it's nothing you can't get from ebay.

man, reading this post, I sure hope my ps2 still works! its the original version

Back