JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser .
PlayStation Sony patents odd VR foot controller
Well-Known Member
Full GL Member
Read from Tweaktown:
Sony Interactive Entertainment's latest patent takes inspiration from old trackball mice with a new PlayStation VR2 controller operated with feet.
"controller apparatus includes two or more balls having a size sufficient for a human to manipulate with a single foot."
"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go." -- Sherlock Holmes
"You've seen how much ass I can kick." -- Tifa
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh god are they bringing back that monkey ball rolling game?
Well-Known Member
Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Sony's foot controller does look like a unique controller which could be good for playing games which involve running and kicking.
Avid Gamer
Full GL Member
Not sure if I'm being stupid but what would this allow you to do in a game?
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if I'm being stupid but what would this allow you to do in a game?
Drive a car?
Well-Known Member
Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
I think this controller maybe good for people with finger movement problems where using their feet to move a character is easier.
I imagine this controller maybe good for games where you need to press many buttons at once on a keyboard-like controller, and you use your feet to move a mouse cursor or to walk around on a screen, and control the camera view or zooming in and out of the camera view on a game.