Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The PlayStation VR2 is struggling, it seems. According to a March 17 Bloomberg report, Sony has paused of the PS5’s virtual reality headset after its initial supply has failed to pick up sales momentum, resulting in an overflow of unsold stock.

Bloomberg states that Sony has produced 2 million PSVR2 headsets since the device’s launch in February 2023, with sales consistently declining each quarter, according to the International Data Corporation. This is in line with a January 2023 Bloomberg report of a rough start for Sony’s headset. Even before the PlayStation VR2 was out, Sony was reportedly struggling to meet its own pre-order expectations, though the company later denied this.

Source

I wonder if Playstation VR 2 headset sales will be stronger when the Playstation 5 Pro is released.

Because VR is a dying fad. There needs to be a study on how many people are actually playing VR games.

VR has never been popular. Having a monitor is always more attractive and you have more space to move around an roam in games because you aren't stuck in one spot.

I think more higher end VR would take longer to become more popular because of the higher cost.

I think there maybe many thousands to millions of people who own cheaper new and used VR headsets, and VR headsets smartphone accessories which you use a smartphone as a display which many people are happy using to watch a VR video or play a VR game without spending a lot of money

There are some frugal and poor people who make a homemade VR headset by using a smartphone, small cardboard box, and other to use VR for only a few dollars if you already own a smartphone.

Back