Sparked your love for reading?

My Dad always loved reading, and I would always ask him to read the Seek and Find books that I borrowed from the library when I was too little to understand some of the words. He taught me how written words worked and helped me to learn the words on the pages. That definitely sparked it. I was a bookworm before I could even read. Then, Dad was working so much he couldn’t read much for a long time… but when I was in high school, we read a few different things together and had like a father-daughter book club with just us. The one I remember the most was the Divergent series. We couldn’t stop talking about that one for quite some time. I’d like to revisit it with him, if he’s willing. :3

Educational television. Just throw letters, numbers, phonics, phonetics, and math concepts on a screen with an engaging story. The best examples I had were Electric Company and Cyberchase.

However, I did like reading Harry Potter in 5th grade because I saw the movies and knew the general story, even with a few dialects and plot points added. If the book was of something there wasn't a movie of at the time, even better. Just assume you can't watch the movie until you read or vise versa.

Back