Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read from gameinformer on them wanting to do that but can't always find the games' original source code:

President and CEO Yosuke Matsuda confirmed he's heard the demand for the library to be available completely digitally.

"We're working on that in a variety of ways," Matsuda said. "That is a request that we hear often. As far as our major titles go, most of those, we still have variations out that you can play now. The more classic titles that you might have played on NES, we are still working hard to make it so you can play those. We actually have launched a dedicated project internally to port those, so we are working to make them available on a variety of platforms. Certainly down the road, we would like to see that on a subscription or streaming service, so we're exploring the possibility of creating a dedicated channel for ourselves."

"I'm embarrassed to admit it, but in some cases, we don't know where the code is anymore. It's very hard to find them sometimes, because back in the day you just made them and put them out there and you were done – you didn't think of how you were going to sell them down the road. Sometimes customers ask, 'Why haven't you released that [game] yet?' And the truth of the matter is it's because we don't know where it has gone."

That's rather sad, hopefully they changed their back up practice in recent years. People will demand FF 15 remake in ten years :p

Square Enix should have followed Mr. Demon's data backup plan!

Hopefully, SquareEnix can digitize most of their older games, and find the missing codes for most older games.

I think it would be cool if SquareEnix also release physical versions of older games rather than only selling the games on Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, Amazon App store, Google Play, and other digital online stores.

Hopefully, SquareEnix can digitize most of their older games, and find the missing codes for most older games.

I think it would be cool if SquareEnix also release physical versions of older games rather than only selling the games on Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, Amazon App store, Google Play, and other digital online stores.

Physical release of their classic older games would be cool indeed.

That's rather sad, hopefully they changed their back up practice in recent years. People will demand FF 15 remake in ten years :p

You know if much2 later in the future they would do a remake or remaster of FF 15, I surely hope they would at least fix the story, add Luna to the party and fully playable permanent party member, and add the happy ending Tabata promised before the dlc was scrapped and he left SE.

Last edited:
So does that mean we're gonna see Legend of the Seven Stars rereleased? Oh man I can't wait.

Back